"Rock and Roll Circus"!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  01:13:12  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i just watched the "Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus" on our local PBS TV station. it's a real treat to see THE WHO perform in fierce power! The "Dirty Mac" band ( with John Lennon, Pete Townshend, Mitch Mitchell and Keith Richards!), and Stones with Brian! Marianne Faithful is LOVELY! It's a very festive show!

...what the world needs now...

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  11:34:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yea its a great show but i think it was Eric Clapton who played with Dirty Mac.the Jethro Tull clip features Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath) who played with them 4 a few weeks although i think it was mimed.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  19:54:28  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah, it was some strange brew that made my mistake!
i need to also give credit to Taj Mahal with Jesse Ed Davis' amazing performance.

Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2007 :  23:29:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
its a great show, but sad to see brian looking so pale and "out there" wasn't that the last thing Brian did with the stones or did I just imagine that?
Go to Top of Page

Alone Again
Fourth Love

Ireland
188 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2007 :  00:48:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it was his last public appearance with the stones.he does look in bad shape.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2007 :  03:02:47  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
he was wasted in the show, but played great! his blissed smile, especially at the end segment, looked like on the cover photo of the "Between The Buttons". an amazing show full of magic on and off stage, the audience was in tune with the performers. i'm amazed by the total looseness and narcotic flow and glow. Geeze! i'd wanted to see this movie for a long time, and it is even better than i imagined.
Marianne Faithful is angelic! this show rocks hard, and nods off just right!

Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 13/03/2007 :  19:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
marianne was certainly a beauty, mick knew what he was doing there! she always seemed to have a self destruct quality about her, like brian I guess, her book is amazing, I would def suggest it to anyone for a good read. I can't believe she lived on a wall for a while

hands up who think the builder did brian in?

(my hands up)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page