Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 18/09/2006 :  12:01:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I remember that some forum members were planning to attend some Jefferson Starship dates in the UK earlier this year which were cancelled. Some new dates have just been announced, UK ones are London(2), Cardiff, Leicester, Brighton, Milton Keynes, Wolverhampton, full details at the link below. The "COG" tickets for the two London dates stand for Circle of Gold where, for an additional fee, you can attend the soundcheck, meet and greet with the band and be mailed a soundboard copy of the show.

The two London shows are booking on Ticketweb, first one is listed as Blows Against the Empire as in the message on the board, second is listed as Surrealistic Pillow.

As said before Marty Balin has not been doing many dates with the band
lately so may well be David Freiburg who takes his place as he did last time they toured Europe.

Tour details (click on the ADeck II link on the left hand side, scroll to message 164):
http://www.planetearthrockandrollradio.com/adeck2/

Edited by - mikeb on 18/09/2006 12:03:42

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  01:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Already have my Cardiff ticket from last time and am hoping to make the first COG show too.

One correction though: David has never taken Marty's place - in fact he was a founder member of Jefferson Starship well before Marty joined. Also, give me David live over Marty anyday - at least from what I've seen. Comin' Back To Me may be my favourite JA/JS song ever and I miss no Plastic Fantastic Lover and 3/5s Of A Mile, but I willingly forego them to get Pride Of Man, Harp Tree Lament, Jane and Who Do You Love? nearly every time.

For those thinking of not going to this, you will be missing a real treat.

Edited by - boombox on 20/10/2006 01:20:18
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  13:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I want to go, but I have a feeling my girlfriend wants me to take her on holiday in November.

I could always take her to Wolverhampton for a fortnight.

Edited by - Cal Jam on 19/09/2006 13:26:44
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  14:48:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I already have my cardiff tickets..i wish i had known they were gonna do more gigs with COG, now i'm peed off AND it's a complete nightmare getting from cardiff to my friends at liverpool, two trains and a bus!!!!!
wait till i see that paul kantner
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  18:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Jam

I could always take her to Wolverhampton for a fortnight.

Oooh, bet she can't wait.

(And I haven't forgotten about the bbhc show either - just had no time to transfer it.)
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 19/09/2006 :  20:13:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

(And I haven't forgotten about the bbhc show either - just had no time to transfer it.)

That's great! Not a problem! Just give me a shout whenever your ready! :)
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2006 :  01:33:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
News just in: Marty will also be on this tour - first time since 2002. Line-up is PK (guitar, vox), Marty Balin (guitar, vox), Dave Freiberg (guitar (hopefully!), vox), Slick Aguilar (lead guitar, vox), Chris Smith (keys), and of course, the lovely Diana Mangano on female vocals.

Tour is going to be acoustic and they are promising 3 hour plus shows.

Miss this tour at your peril!!

Edited by - boombox on 20/10/2006 01:19:00
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2006 :  20:14:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my legs went wobbly when i read that, I have loved marty balin since I was 14!! I hope I get to meet the man himself!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2006 :  12:47:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
why does the tour log say the cardiff date is the 23rd!!!! i really can't afford to cancel and rearrange everything again!
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2006 :  15:14:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

why does the tour log say the cardiff date is the 23rd!!!! i really can't afford to cancel and rearrange everything again!

The first message I saw was not the tour log but one posted on the A-Deck that I linked to which said the 23rd, from the venue website:

http://www.thepointcardiffbay.com/gigdetail.php?id=177

Edited by - mikeb on 19/10/2006 15:15:59
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 19/10/2006 :  16:12:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh its def the 23rd, ive cancelled everything, i'm getting money back for gig and train but lost hotel money
If my mate can get time off work then we are gonna go to the camden gig, much easier to get to london anyway, does anyne know if the COG tix are still available?
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2006 :  01:41:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just ordered my COG for the Blows show online - £35 plus booking fees takes it to nearly £40, but it'll be worth it. It appears no drummer now, so it's going to be a pretty laid back tour.

jellybean, the reason for the second change of date was that the band were hoping to be recording the new album in Amsterdam before the Melkweg Cannabis Cup show. However, with Prairie touring with the New Cars, there will be no recording as yet.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2006 :  08:56:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
theres no drummer, hows that gonna work out then? i'm gonna try to get to the "surrealistic pillow" show
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 20/10/2006 :  17:31:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
2 COG tix on the way...woopee
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2006 :  15:33:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just found out Market Harborough is definitely a COG show too.

As for no drummer, I too am intrigued. It's going to make for an interesting Pillow show, given the drums on 3/5s OF A Mile!! Still hoping I might be able to make that show too.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 22/10/2006 :  18:39:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh thats what i was thinking, how on earth would you keep a song like that going without drums...maybe they can get someone on board b4 hand?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page