New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2006 :  15:42:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While surfing through the TV channels last night, I fell on a documentary of Andy Warhol by Ric Burns. It's the American Masters series on PBS. I was watching Part 2 towards the end, and it was fabulous. Fortunately it will air again tonight, Parts 1 and 2, which totals 4 hours.

Here's a link...

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/warhol_a.html

There's an area on the right where you can type in your locale and it will come back with airing times of the show.

I am somewhat fascinated with Edie Sedgwick who is definitely in Part 1. It was pretty cool seeing a very young Lou Reed hanging out with Warhol.

Allan

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2006 :  17:17:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
allan,
I read a good book about edie sedgwick, its worth a look, my friend has it at the moment but i'm almost sure it's called american girl..something like that anyway.
the whole warhol scene has always fascinated me, I always picked the pop art question to write about when I was studying for my art degree!
always wanted to cover a room in tin foil too...could you imagine the cost!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2006 :  18:03:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know Warhol sure had some influence in the art of our day.... got a kick out that statement by art dealer Blum that Picasso owned the first half of the 20th and Warhol the second. Whoa. Now was he really that good?? Certainly different than most of us that's for sure...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page