Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

jazzy mary
Third Love

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 14/10/2004 :  16:15:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info, Otis. Leon sang w/ a lot of people not just Pharoah (and btw, that's ne in French if it's a man, nee if it's a woman. SOrry to be a drag, but I majored in French in college, so I always notice that sort of thing and I thought you might be happy to know the difference!

Yes, Leon was amazing. He died, of leukemia, before his time at age 62. I miss him desperately but I feel happy that I made the last few years of his life among the happiest he's ever known.
Go to Top of Page

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  01:40:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jazzyman: as for MANDRILL, are you refering to CLAUDE COFFEE CAVE. The band never mentioned a Curtis! I did a very lenghthy interview with them which i hope will get published in GOLDMINE one Day! Very interesting story of how CLAUDE got into the band. Claude is an incredible keyboardist. Currently he's involved with movie soundtracks. BTW, Mandrill is recorded a brand new cd and will be bery soon releasing their DVD from their 2002 MONTRUEX Switzerland concert.
Go to Top of Page

otis robb
Third Love

50 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  01:59:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mary, send me down a copy of the Village Voice so i/my wife can salivate over the jazz were missing down here in Trashville, I mean nashville. Hope the Arthur Lee show was great! REfresh my memory, were is TOWN HALL at exactly. The last time we were in NYC was in MAY 1984 to see a LAURIE ANDERSON concert which by the way got cancelled. We personally met Laurie at a booksigning in 1993(Atlanta) If you are not familar, again if one must, she would be put under the title of 'performance artist' Recommend her Big Science lp The United States 1-4 Live set, Mr. Heartbreak. Shes originally from Omaha Nebraska same birthplace as George 'Buddy'Miles.
Basically, she's a great storyteller! (you have to hear those albums) plus I have a collection of material on VHS from various concerts tv programs(Lettermen, etc) on her. Thinking about she would be a blast as support for ARTHUR LEE. Now that really would be top notch stuff! Till the next...peace to all
Go to Top of Page

jazzy mary
Third Love

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  19:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Otis, if you e-mail me your address, I'll send you the October "Hothouse" (a monthly mag. w/ all the listings). Be prepared to be depressed---you're missing alot! Last night I saw a great gig at the Village Vanguard. Eric Reed, Billy Drummond, Seamus Blake, Dwayne Burno and Jeremy Pelt. It was amazing. I intended to stay just for one set, but it was so good I stayed for the second, which got over at 12:20. I'm a little tired today.

Edited by - jazzy mary on 15/10/2004 19:35:59
Go to Top of Page

jazzy mary
Third Love

USA
95 Posts

Posted - 15/10/2004 :  19:57:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, yeah Town Hall is on 43rd st. off of 6th. Ave. I'm hip to Laurie Anderson. One time at the Shanghai Acrobats Circus at teh New Victory theatre,I saw her and Lou Reed. She looks FANTASTIC but Lou looked AWFUL!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page