Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  02:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like I'm first to post on tonight's concert, so here goes. Two simple words could sum it up: EXCELLENT SHOW!!!

The boys again proved they can do it without Arthur. Special mention to the rhythm section tonight - Daddyo was making the drum riser flex with every beat and Dave C is becoming a real showman on the harmonica. Not to say we didn't get some great guitar god poses from Mike, Rusty nailed every song and Johnny's vocals and lead work just gets better and better.
(Liked the new vocals and arrangement on Signed A Lee too, with Daddyo out front on just a tambourine)

Good to meet some of the posters here - hope we can meet up again on the next tour.

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  02:12:37  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ah, great minds, good to meet you too, and anyone else I spoke to tonight. Yep, what a night, I need more
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  02:15:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi caryne - it was one hell of agig, yes.

Maybe the admins can merge these two threads - I can't delete mine as it's already been replied to. it.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  02:17:24  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No need to delete or merge, the more the merrier....what a night, anyone who walks away from one of the gigs on this current tour is missing something really special. What more can I say?
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  08:50:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like things are really jumping, I suspect the guys are benifiting from having a huge weight around their shoulders removed. They are now just responsible for doing their own thing and it sounds as though they are doing it bloody well !
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  11:07:06  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote

it was very strange seeing LOVE without Arthur but
all of the band were Excellent at Frome last night
and really looked like they were enjoying themselves
on stage! Rustys vocals were amazing!
loved the Johnny Echols version of Signed A Lee ..
he is one cool bloke! signing stuff and posing for
photos after the gig.. I recommend the local brew which is just called BEER!

was nice to see Caryne Dukie and John E from this
board in the Blue Boar pub and then at the gig! I
took a loads of photos last night and will post some on
the board in a few days before the gig my partner Angel
was a bit disappointed that Arthur Lee was not gonna be
there as she had never seen LOVE before!
but she had a great time and thought the band
played really well! she said
'if you close your eyes it sounds just like the records!

we had tickets numbers 1 and 2
but could not get those
back after the gig steve64 .................
hey ho! lets go!

Edited by - steve64 on 15/02/2019 11:47:11
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  11:50:33  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
oops

hey ho! lets go!

Edited by - steve64 on 11/07/2005 11:52:00
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  12:17:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all been said above really. I had a great night and thoroughly enjoyed the band. My fourth AND BEST concert, and look forward to their next tour! THANK YOU FOR AN OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE
Go to Top of Page

MartinHolroyd
First Love

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  13:27:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took my wife and 12 year old son to the Frome gig and we all came away with ringing in our ears (stood at the front!) and a huge buzz at what was a truly great evening. Even saw Rusty look down at my son and smile when he could see him singing along with songs written 30+ years ago. I have to say that I was at the Southampton gig earlier in the year and the boys have made light of AL's absence. It's also amazing that on tracks like You Set the Scene, Mike's guitar work makes you forget that there is not trumpet in sight! Thanks for a great show, will be back to see the next tour.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  14:44:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm really glad you all enjoyed it. I gurss you were the people who's son Dukie took a photo of? If you don't mind I'm sure it'll be good to have it up on the board soon, it's great that all ages are really enjoying this band, I noticed your son singing along several times. I have a thirteen year old who came to the Love gig in Bath last year, he's a big fan too.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  15:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
can't wait till my litle girl grows a bit, she's only 3 but dances round to forever changes, she loves it!!
I would love to take her to a LOVE gig, but i guess she's still kinda small...fingers crossed they are still up for touring in 5-10 years
kirsty
Go to Top of Page

MartinHolroyd
First Love

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  16:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

I'm really glad you all enjoyed it. I gurss you were the people who's son Dukie took a photo of? If you don't mind I'm sure it'll be good to have it up on the board soon, it's great that all ages are really enjoying this band, I noticed your son singing along several times. I have a thirteen year old who came to the Love gig in Bath last year, he's a big fan too.

Hi Caryne, Yes that was us! I checked your profile and recognised you too. It would be great to see his picture up there! It was clear you enjoyed yourself as much as we did, hope to see you at a future gig!
Martin.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  17:21:57  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, yes, there will be many other gigs and I'll be at as many as I can get too (it's a nuisance being a teacher, any other job and I would have had the days off and been doing Devon and Cornwall this week)
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  18:19:15  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
These posts brought a smile to my face and (sounds corny) a few tears to my eyes. These guys are just so good. My 4 year old granddaughter sings along to them all the time. And my grandson loves Daddy=o as his Dad is a drummer also.
One of my wishes is to see Mike and Rusty and Johnny and the rest just jam some time. I'm hoping I get to see a show without AL. There has got to be a sense of freedom on that stage that allows these guys to be all they can be.
I wish only the best for AL but I'm looking forward to seeing them without him even if just once.
Hoping a L.A. gig allows me to do just that.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  18:57:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This may sound daft but this band are both loose and tight at the same time, loose in that they seem to play with a freedom I have not seen before and tight in that they are just so together. I hope you get to see them Cheryl, details of US dates will appear as soon as possible, I can assure you
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  21:35:13  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
yeah! Exeter and Ilfracombe are not that far from us and Falmouth is just a couple of hours! if I had any more holidays from work I think I would have gone to all 3 as they were that good last night
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

Oh, yes, there will be many other gigs and I'll be at as many as I can get too (it's a nuisance being a teacher, any other job and I would have had the days off and been doing Devon and Cornwall this week)

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page