Messageboard For Love Fans
Messageboard For Love Fans
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 Concerts
 Fantastic Frome

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Antispam question: What's Mr. Lee's Firstname?
Answer:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
boombox Posted - 11/07/2005 : 02:11:33
Looks like I'm first to post on tonight's concert, so here goes. Two simple words could sum it up: EXCELLENT SHOW!!!

The boys again proved they can do it without Arthur. Special mention to the rhythm section tonight - Daddyo was making the drum riser flex with every beat and Dave C is becoming a real showman on the harmonica. Not to say we didn't get some great guitar god poses from Mike, Rusty nailed every song and Johnny's vocals and lead work just gets better and better.
(Liked the new vocals and arrangement on Signed A Lee too, with Daddyo out front on just a tambourine)

Good to meet some of the posters here - hope we can meet up again on the next tour.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
steve64 Posted - 20/07/2005 : 22:23:39
got my photos back from the Frome gig and will send them to Torben to put on the site in the next day or 2

hey ho! lets go!
MikeP Posted - 13/07/2005 : 02:04:44
Nice to kow that the guy's still around and as loopy as ever. He was a fixture at gigs that I went to in London
and the surrounding area in the '70's. Trying to remember specific gigs made me all misty-eyed. There were some good ones.. I remember seeing Zappa at the Hammersmith Odeon when 'Jesus' made the big mistake of getting up and dancing, thereby attracting Zappa's attention. Unfortunately for Jesus, he was in very mischievous mood that night, and started an slongated conversation with him, which he thought was serious, but the rest of the audience knew otherwise, and p****d themselves. Uncle Frank 1, Jesus 0. Happy Daze and Dynamo Hums...
John E Posted - 12/07/2005 : 21:08:45
Hi Caryne (and anyone who used to attend 60s/70s - festivals),
Arriving back at Baker Street, after my Frome trip, the first person that I met was "Jesus" - the guy who we met in the queque at last year's Borderline gig! (synchrocity or what?). He remembered our meeting, and asked me if Love played "Forevermore" (meaning "Andmoreagain"). "Jesus" told me that people have three days to accept him (make that two, now) and peace on Earth will prevail. He also proudly pointed to his new orange sunglasses. I must say it felt a good omen, meeting him at such a critical time - rather like when I saw a guy dressed as Superman at Camden Town last Friday! Love, John E
caryne Posted - 12/07/2005 : 08:23:11
I'm hoping at guessing audience numbers, but I would say at least 250, it was a good crowd.
MikeP Posted - 12/07/2005 : 01:23:06
What was the Frome audience figure - (ish)? I hope that the numbers are picking up as word gets round what a fine tour this is. Stewing two hundred miles away is VERY frustrating, so what some are feeling Stateside is anyones guess.
John E Posted - 11/07/2005 : 22:19:33
It was great meeting up with the Love gang in the Blue Boar Inn before the show last night (thanks Caryne and Dukie, for helping me out...expect a letter very soon). I enjoyed the show immensely...from "Live and Let Live" things really took off, and the whole band did a marvellous job. Rusty's vocals were impeccable, and it was great to hear "Revelation" live for the first time, and to hear Johnny singing, and Dave playing harmonica. Great also to meet some new people, such as Mike's "brother in law", and the lady with dark plaited hair, who was dancing so enthusiastically next to me.
Love to all, John E
quote:

steve64 Posted - 11/07/2005 : 21:35:13
yeah! Exeter and Ilfracombe are not that far from us and Falmouth is just a couple of hours! if I had any more holidays from work I think I would have gone to all 3 as they were that good last night
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

Oh, yes, there will be many other gigs and I'll be at as many as I can get too (it's a nuisance being a teacher, any other job and I would have had the days off and been doing Devon and Cornwall this week)

hey ho! lets go!
caryne Posted - 11/07/2005 : 18:57:52
This may sound daft but this band are both loose and tight at the same time, loose in that they seem to play with a freedom I have not seen before and tight in that they are just so together. I hope you get to see them Cheryl, details of US dates will appear as soon as possible, I can assure you
ocfan Posted - 11/07/2005 : 18:19:15
These posts brought a smile to my face and (sounds corny) a few tears to my eyes. These guys are just so good. My 4 year old granddaughter sings along to them all the time. And my grandson loves Daddy=o as his Dad is a drummer also.
One of my wishes is to see Mike and Rusty and Johnny and the rest just jam some time. I'm hoping I get to see a show without AL. There has got to be a sense of freedom on that stage that allows these guys to be all they can be.
I wish only the best for AL but I'm looking forward to seeing them without him even if just once.
Hoping a L.A. gig allows me to do just that.

Cheryl
caryne Posted - 11/07/2005 : 17:21:57
Oh, yes, there will be many other gigs and I'll be at as many as I can get too (it's a nuisance being a teacher, any other job and I would have had the days off and been doing Devon and Cornwall this week)
MartinHolroyd Posted - 11/07/2005 : 16:43:00
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

I'm really glad you all enjoyed it. I gurss you were the people who's son Dukie took a photo of? If you don't mind I'm sure it'll be good to have it up on the board soon, it's great that all ages are really enjoying this band, I noticed your son singing along several times. I have a thirteen year old who came to the Love gig in Bath last year, he's a big fan too.

Hi Caryne, Yes that was us! I checked your profile and recognised you too. It would be great to see his picture up there! It was clear you enjoyed yourself as much as we did, hope to see you at a future gig!
Martin.

Martin
jellybean Posted - 11/07/2005 : 15:38:48
can't wait till my litle girl grows a bit, she's only 3 but dances round to forever changes, she loves it!!
I would love to take her to a LOVE gig, but i guess she's still kinda small...fingers crossed they are still up for touring in 5-10 years
kirsty
caryne Posted - 11/07/2005 : 14:44:52
I'm really glad you all enjoyed it. I gurss you were the people who's son Dukie took a photo of? If you don't mind I'm sure it'll be good to have it up on the board soon, it's great that all ages are really enjoying this band, I noticed your son singing along several times. I have a thirteen year old who came to the Love gig in Bath last year, he's a big fan too.
MartinHolroyd Posted - 11/07/2005 : 13:27:16
Took my wife and 12 year old son to the Frome gig and we all came away with ringing in our ears (stood at the front!) and a huge buzz at what was a truly great evening. Even saw Rusty look down at my son and smile when he could see him singing along with songs written 30+ years ago. I have to say that I was at the Southampton gig earlier in the year and the boys have made light of AL's absence. It's also amazing that on tracks like You Set the Scene, Mike's guitar work makes you forget that there is not trumpet in sight! Thanks for a great show, will be back to see the next tour.

Martin
Judith Posted - 11/07/2005 : 12:17:44
It's all been said above really. I had a great night and thoroughly enjoyed the band. My fourth AND BEST concert, and look forward to their next tour! THANK YOU FOR AN OUTSTANDING PERFORMANCE

Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page