Previous Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  22:19:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was great meeting up with the Love gang in the Blue Boar Inn before the show last night (thanks Caryne and Dukie, for helping me out...expect a letter very soon). I enjoyed the show immensely...from "Live and Let Live" things really took off, and the whole band did a marvellous job. Rusty's vocals were impeccable, and it was great to hear "Revelation" live for the first time, and to hear Johnny singing, and Dave playing harmonica. Great also to meet some new people, such as Mike's "brother in law", and the lady with dark plaited hair, who was dancing so enthusiastically next to me.
Love to all, John E
quote:

Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  01:23:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What was the Frome audience figure - (ish)? I hope that the numbers are picking up as word gets round what a fine tour this is. Stewing two hundred miles away is VERY frustrating, so what some are feeling Stateside is anyones guess.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  08:23:11  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm hoping at guessing audience numbers, but I would say at least 250, it was a good crowd.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2005 :  21:08:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Caryne (and anyone who used to attend 60s/70s - festivals),
Arriving back at Baker Street, after my Frome trip, the first person that I met was "Jesus" - the guy who we met in the queque at last year's Borderline gig! (synchrocity or what?). He remembered our meeting, and asked me if Love played "Forevermore" (meaning "Andmoreagain"). "Jesus" told me that people have three days to accept him (make that two, now) and peace on Earth will prevail. He also proudly pointed to his new orange sunglasses. I must say it felt a good omen, meeting him at such a critical time - rather like when I saw a guy dressed as Superman at Camden Town last Friday! Love, John E
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2005 :  02:04:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice to kow that the guy's still around and as loopy as ever. He was a fixture at gigs that I went to in London
and the surrounding area in the '70's. Trying to remember specific gigs made me all misty-eyed. There were some good ones.. I remember seeing Zappa at the Hammersmith Odeon when 'Jesus' made the big mistake of getting up and dancing, thereby attracting Zappa's attention. Unfortunately for Jesus, he was in very mischievous mood that night, and started an slongated conversation with him, which he thought was serious, but the rest of the audience knew otherwise, and p****d themselves. Uncle Frank 1, Jesus 0. Happy Daze and Dynamo Hums...
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2005 :  22:23:39  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
got my photos back from the Frome gig and will send them to Torben to put on the site in the next day or 2

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page