Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  20:32:34  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
here's an odd one, bit bizzare I know

today's Guardian (UK newspaper) has a query on which band is the deadest, meaning has the fewest surviving members I think.
not sure whether they mean by proportion so 2 out of 6 = 1 out of 3.
they suggested Canned Heat... Jimi Hendrix experience maybe?

just wondered.

a steven king book has a guy considering the Best Dead Rock Band, currently playing Up There but that's another topic

Keep on shining

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  20:53:59  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
What about Grateful Dead - they're all dead!! or at least dead heads

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  20:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
There are only two out of four Beatles left as well when I think about it

What about somebody like the Velvet Underground - huge numbers of them must have died??

Quite a few original Love mebers have died as well

Also just thought about the Glenn Miller Bnd - didn't a great chunk of them get killed in an aircrash??

Hey this is fun (in a ghoulish sort of way)
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  21:15:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes The Grateful Dead by default, then theres Lynyrd Skynyrd, The Faces,how many of T Rex are left ? Theres so many where one or two members are gone, I havent seen the article put I can think of 3 Canned Heat members that are no longer with us and I believe there are not many members of The Dave Clarke 5 left, they're all in Bits and Pieces lol.
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  21:49:59  Show Profile  Visit Ben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The original Temptations are 80% dead and I seem to remember the Pretenders went through a bit of a sticky patch in the early eighties.
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  22:10:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How come Keith Richard is still alive ?
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  22:17:30  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey you're right, lynyrd Skynyrd is pretty hard to beat, they were all wiped out in an air crash weren't they

http://www.lynyrdskynyrd.com/

Hey ho
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  22:53:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting thread...a bit morbit, but...

Chicago Transit Authority or Chicago-I remember when their lead guitarist, Terry Kath, blew his brains out playing Russian roulette like in 1970. That was a shocker back then. How many originals could still be left of that group. Is Peter Cetera still alive?

LOVE-We all know about Kenny and Bryan. Even DC-although I really don't consider him as a LOVE member

Byrds-Graham Parsons, Mike Clark, Gene Clark, Kevin Kelley

Mountain-Felix Pappalardi

Wolfman Jack

Iron Butterfly-Eric Braun

The Ramones-I lost count!!

and so many more...

Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  23:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You forgot Clarence White from the Byrds Allan
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 10/11/2004 :  23:46:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SUPER GROUP FROM THE GRAVE
vocals John Lennon and Janis Joplin
guitars Jimi Hendrix and Duane Allman
hammond organ Graham Bond
bass John Entwistle
drums Keith Moon
harmonica Little Walter
Go to Top of Page

gordo
Third Love

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  10:37:49  Show Profile  Visit gordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
T.Rex only have Bill Legend left. Marc Bolan's dead. So are both bongo players, Steve Took and Mickey Finn. The bass player's dead too.
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  23:42:16  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanks very much for all those
so t rex is winning?

i heard K richards has frequent blood exchanges. like cars with engine oil hohoho

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  23:48:04  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, my colleague who had nothing better to do today, looked it up when i mentioned it and he found The Great Site for this one

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/story/237911p-204188c.html

of course, I have nothing better to do than watch him browsing.

i was amused by the spinal tap drummers

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  08:13:42  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hey Lizzy, great stuff, I particularly like the survivors....

I have a client who used to live next door to Keith Richard and says he's a lovely man, very good to his family and active in the local community etc (when he's there)- perhaps that's his secret, he only pretends to be a hard living rocker and is actually a pillar or society!!
Go to Top of Page

Ben
Third Love

United Kingdom
58 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  10:23:01  Show Profile  Visit Ben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the interest of accurary may I point out that Keith Richards having his blood changed is an urban myth. He merely had it filtered.
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  11:20:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry - I think all of Dave Clarke 5 are still alive although one of them is in "bits and pieces" after suffering a serious accident at his home in Spain last year. Mike Smith is paralysed from the neck down apart from some small movement in his left arm - he had been touring as Mike Smith's Rock Engine prior to the accident but is now in a hospital in the UK. It's very sad.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page