Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  21:58:42  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
aren't your kidneys and liver s'pposed to filter your blood?
not a question so much as a fervent hope, i'm going to one of tina's parties tomorrow

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  22:26:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yup after a quick google I think you might be right re Dave Clark 5 Gill, dont know where I got the idea from but thought the keyboard/singer was gone along with Dave himself ?
Have decided to add John Bonham to my super group of the dead, I like the two drummers thing lol
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  23:05:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry - Mike Smith is the keyboard player/singer so maybe you had heard about his accident and thought he had gone. Mike is a friend in connection with my day job and he's a lovely man - such a tragedy.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  23:25:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Larry - Remember, as Del Preston (the world's greatest roadie) said 'Keith cannot be killed by conventional weapons'.However, the Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers must be close to a tie in the 'missing in action'stakes.Keyboard player in the Dead being a particularly hazardous posting, if my memory serves me well.Do one-man bands count?Let's hear it for Jesse(San Francisco Bay Blues)Fuller,and Duster Bennet!
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2004 :  05:21:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking of one man bands Oldfart, I can think of one highly underrated one, if you ever get the chance check out Ray Stubbs one man blues band, excellent.
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2004 :  20:42:23  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
i didn't know duster bennett wasn't around any more. thought he was great.

not sure about 1 man bands - shall we seek ajudication?

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2004 :  05:39:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.raystubbs.co.uk/
Go to Top of Page

oldfartatplay
Third Love

74 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2004 :  23:18:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Larry & LizzieB(Great stage name me thinks,though a touch vaudville?)- Sadly,I'm pretty sure that Duster Bennett died in a car crash back in the mid-seventies(though I'm not 100% certain).He did however leave a couple of fine,and very collectable albums,on the legendary Blue Horizon label.As for Ray Stubbs,I have heard of him,but have never caught one of his shows - something that I will rectify as soon as I can.Larry,you mention your working with Roger Chapman,another fabulous live performer who is currently out and about on the road again - a friend is working as backing singer for this tour.I've got a feeling that not only have our paths crossed along the way,but that you probably know a few of my friends of old.I certainly caught a couple of The Pirates gigs back in the late Seventies - tours which I recall you having something to do with,I believe.Shakin' all over...indeed!
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2004 :  20:17:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently found a cassette demo of the Pirates made shortly after their reunion, ie before Skull Wars.
Glad to hear Roger is still prowling the boards, people quite rightly admire Arthur for his stage energy but Roger takes the biscuit in that department. He must be well into his 60s now.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2004 :  22:33:30  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Dee Dee Ramone Joey Ramone and Johnny Ramone have all died in the past 3 years which just leaves drummer Tommy Ramone from the original line up! http://www.ramones.com

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page