Talking of dead rock stars
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gordo
Third Love

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2004 :  15:17:04  Show Profile  Visit gordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote

http://www.itsnet.com/doc-rock/newentrees.html

I found this website dedicated to dead rock stars and found George Suranovich's entry

- Died 2-15-1990 in Pittsburgh, PA, U.S. - Heart attack following bypass surgery ( Rock ) Born 6-15-1944 in Pittsburgh, PA, U.S. - Drummer - Worked with Love, Eric Burdon, Blues Image, Glen Campbell, Michael Smotherland, Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, Mose Allison, and Diane Schurr.

I'm sure in the Out There re-issue sleevenotes Arthur said he had died after an apendix operation.

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2004 :  22:39:55  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
This is an interesting site Gordo - it makes you wonder what the average life expectancy of a rock star is - less than that of the public at large I would wager.

Didn't realise Laura Branigan was dead - always liked her
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2004 :  23:32:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scrolling down the entries for 1980, I came across Pekka Poyry from Tassavalan Presidenti from Finland. I had completely forgotten about this band though I was once employed to take them to Reading Festival. Dont remember what year it was but the Faces, Quo and SAHB were on the bill, any ideas ?
Go to Top of Page

gordo
Third Love

United Kingdom
91 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  09:45:58  Show Profile  Visit gordo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
larry - 1973

tina- despite her work with David Hasselhoff? The man whose music freed Europe so he claims.
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  20:27:19  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Well, a girl has to pay her bills...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  21:08:47  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
and I've just remembered, she worked with Leonard Cohen as well, so I reckon that more than makes up for it...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2004 :  21:12:42  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://groups.msn.com/BraniganBOOM

and I've just found this - 10 reasons why Laura Branigan was cool...
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2004 :  21:39:32  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
blatant attempt at getting to the magic 100 posts IMHO

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2004 :  21:40:22  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
a bit like this really

maybe torben should edit this out??

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2004 :  21:42:25  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Two can play that game!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page