Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 123

DaveyTee
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
219 Posts

Posted - 29/10/2017 :  00:11:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For me the second half of the 60s was as much about British Blues (as opposed to what I call authentic blues) as it was psychedelia. Keef Hartley was the drummer with John Mayall's Blues Band until he was sacked in 1968, whereupon he formed the Keef Hartley Band. This track, Born To Die, is from their excellent 1969 album, Halfbreed. Keef and his band played at Woodstock in 1969 but were the only act there whose act was not recorded for either the film or any soundtrack of the festival - apparently Keef's manager refused filming consent as Martin Scorese wouldn't provide any money up front, and so the recording equipment was switched off, which in hindsight was probably a bit of a tragedy for Keef. The guitar solo is by Ian Cruickshank who subsequently became a leading exponent of Django Rheinhardt style gypsy jazz, which in some ways is a bit sad because he played a mean blues guitar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBkYEhWmkkE

This sort of music perhaps takes me back more than any other to those fabulous 60s years.

DT

Scottish and European, not British.
Go to Top of Page

stewart
Old Love

United Kingdom
534 Posts

Posted - 30/10/2017 :  00:52:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure one of Keef's bands supported Love at the Free Trade Hall, Manchester in the early 70s

Edited by - stewart on 30/10/2017 01:18:16
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 123 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page