Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  21:31:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
harvey-YHM

In '65, I went to the cinema to see The T.A.M.I Show. This was a film of appearances from Rock groups of the day. The headline act was the Rolling Stones. I think Gerry and the Pacemakers, The Beach Boys, Lesley Gore, Billy J Kramer and the Dakotas, The Ronnettes, possibly Smokey Robinson and the Miracles, and others were there.

I think the Y'Birds were in it. I was beginning to listen more and more to the Blues (Rolling Stones), and although The Y'Birds had a few Top 40 hits going at that time, they appeared doing some really good Blues tune (wish I could remember what it was ). It really caught my ear, and thus they became my first favorite British group...even more favorite than The Beatles. I then really took to many, many more British bands.

Allan

Edited by - Allan on 10/08/2006 21:32:20
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  22:42:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur gets into "White Album" mode on "Lonely Man" and "Where Where You" on "Black Beauty". Let's hope this album gets an official release sometime. Love on Earth Must Be! John E
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  22:57:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allan,

Could The Yardbirds tune have been, Smokestack Lightning? I remember them doing that when I saw them in the 60's, in Stockton,CA.
Jimmey Page-Smith in for a "sick," Beck.
Harvey might be able to pin it down.

(Page-SMITH) (JIM McGuinn,) a lot of name changes back then.

Lee

Edited by - LeeRob on 10/08/2006 23:03:03
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2006 :  23:27:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeeRob

Allan,

Could The Yardbirds tune have been, Smokestack Lightning? I remember them doing that when I saw them in the 60's, in Stockton,CA.
Jimmey Page-Smith in for a "sick," Beck.
Harvey might be able to pin it down.

(Page-SMITH) (JIM McGuinn,) a lot of name changes back then.

Lee

KD: I betcha it was "Train Kept A ' Rollin'

Free the tunes !

Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2006 :  05:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dude,
Ta-raaaaaain kept a-rollllllllin' (slurp)
Go to Top of Page

harvey
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2006 :  19:31:44  Show Profile  Send harvey a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could have been Smokestack Lightning but they didn't do as many of those classic tracks after Clapton left,which is why Clapton left, he did not want to be in a "pop" band but wanted to play the true blues but the music biz being what it is, even then, if it didn't sell you had to make records that did sell,so he left and joined John Mayall. Jim Mcarty told me they were struggling with the riff on "Heart full of soul" and trying to get a sound like a sitar they asked Beck and he said " do you mean like this" and he played the riff on the guitar that everybody knows, problem solved. Looking at the time here in UK and it is coming up to the time when Arthur's Funeral service is due so must go and think for a while. Been playing the 2003 Love Forever Changes "live" all day, unmissable,wish I had been there Harvey
Go to Top of Page

harvey
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
155 Posts

Posted - 13/08/2006 :  02:09:06  Show Profile  Send harvey a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
allan. I have checked out the websites about the TAMI show and there is no mention of the Yardbirds, maybe it was another film. I am investigating what it might have been but UK didnt always get what US got. The TAMI show is available on video but people say it may be edited from the original and other bits have been added. Apparently the Beach Boys were almost edited out for some reason. Maybe Mr. Wilson senior did not want it put out. Just spent most of the evening UK time sitting in the evening light with candles lit thinking about Arthur and Love and playing the music. Harvey
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page