Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  02:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonderfully put, Johnny.

On another note: I can't wait to hear Gethsemane!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  02:49:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by johnnylovejoy

Thank you one and all, for your understanding! This has been a "trying" period for all of us! let me say this; LOVE was never about the "cult of personality" that some Well intentioned folks, seem bent on making us!
LOVE was a group and I emphasize "GROUP"of five uniquely talented individuals,who were never told what, or how too play, but given the freedom, earned through ability, too improvise and experiment, in order too create a body of work that has become TIMELESS
Let's take time and reflect, on What's transpired, these last couple of month's! No (one) of us is at fault! Yet we all, must share some of the blame, for what did occur! Instead of talking with each other, as the "friend's" we have become, we began "sniping" and "name calling" and talking around one another! That's the quickest way, too lose "friendship's" Please let us all respond, and be the kind of people that personify the name LOVE and let's LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND FORGIVE! :Johnny Echols

Love and forgivenss, that is what its all about,
(tho, some AL/JE shows and cd wouln't hurt either
Go to Top of Page

longtimelovefan
First Love

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  06:33:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i just wanted to say thank you, john echols (and arthur, if you ever read these posts), for giving me so much pleasure through your music. i have been a fan since around 1965/6 when i was in 8th grade in los angeles at emerson jr. high. i can't tell you how much love's music has meant to me! and probably unlike most people on this site, i think love's first album might really be the very best, and stands the test of time better than any other. fits in with today's sound STILL! so a big THANK YOU!!!

all my best,

richard b., a LONGTIMElovefan

Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  13:25:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny-you are a class act...all the way. I hope the very best for you

Allan
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  18:37:43  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Allan

Johnny-you are a class act...all the way. I hope the very best for you

Allan

Ditto. Though I'm sorry to hear you won't be playing with Mike and the guys, I wish you and Arthur the best. No one wanted the division that happened on this board. Most wanted Arthur well physically and mentally and it turned into a either for or against attitude. No one can sing like Arthur, and BL is just the most incredible band of musicians. I fell in love with Forever Changes many, many years ago.
Didn't get to see LOVE until Arthur and the guys played the House of Blues in Anaheim and I was just blown away.
Mike has always been a gentlemen and Johnny you appear to be the same. I'm still hoping to see you guys jam together once again. You earned my respect by voicing Arthurs opinion without negating MR's painful but honest tale of what has transpired. Indeed you have walked a tightrope gracefully without a fall.
I wish you all continued success and I can still hope for a local gig with you and BL can't I?

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  22:22:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Johnny!

Edited by - Old_Man on 07/10/2005 22:23:56
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  18:42:45  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well said Johnny. There are two sides to every story and you have presented both of them without taking sides. The truth is that even without the latest disasters, Arthur hadn't been happy with his musical direction for a long time. He played me some demos he made recently without BL and they were nothing like the classic Love - they had more of an R&B feel. I liked them, but they wouldn't have been right for BL.

I want to add something to Johnny's quotations of Arthur. I asked Arthur many times in recent weeks if he wanted me to present his side of the breakup online. He always declined except for these last words he said to me just as he was leaving for Memphis:

"I want everybody to know that I've got nothing against those boys. I wish them well. This wasn't about them. It was between me and Glenn Povey."
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2005 :  22:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that jazmaan.
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  03:02:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jazmaan, the R&B direction sounds cool. Any idea if Arthur plans to record 'proper' versions of any of his early 90's tunes like Thats The Way It Goes and LA Coloca? I 'love' the acoustic versions of those - don't know if the melodies are ripoffs but they are insanely catchy!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2005 :  19:45:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

Well said Johnny. There are two sides to every story and you have presented both of them without taking sides. The truth is that even without the latest disasters, Arthur hadn't been happy with his musical direction for a long time. He played me some demos he made recently without BL and they were nothing like the classic Love - they had more of an R&B feel. I liked them, but they wouldn't have been right for BL.

I want to add something to Johnny's quotations of Arthur. I asked Arthur many times in recent weeks if he wanted me to present his side of the breakup online. He always declined except for these last words he said to me just as he was leaving for Memphis:

"I want everybody to know that I've got nothing against those boys. I wish them well. This wasn't about them. It was between me and Glenn Povey."

Funky demos. Tell Arthur to put them out( anyone who may claim to have written them speak now or be forever silent).
Jazmaan , who does Arthur have in mind to record this material?
The Memphis crowd?
Go to Top of Page

johnbhoy
Second Love

46 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  17:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I've been reading all the great debates from a reasonable distance as I thought I was being victimised for adopting what I considered to be a neutral and balanced viewpoint when the break-up was revealed. BL doing their thing, AL taking sanctuary in Memphis and JE working on Gethsemane gives them and us the space we currently need. I look forward to some more wonderful music from what I hope might be varied combos of these very talented musicians.

Lisbon 1967
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2005 :  17:45:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with johnbhoy's post above... and to quote a certain aphorism,
it's always safe to say:

"Things are not as bad as they seem.
They are worse than that.
They are also better than that."
------------------------Fripp
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2005 :  00:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope that a better environment leads to better compositions, and that there's nobody who can play the bagpipes there (PLEASE!)
Forever Changes > Funky Chuggings?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page