Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  19:48:12  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
cheers Johnny

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  19:48:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allan, that's a great analogy about JE walking a tightrope...maybe that's why his first entry was about the Circus Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!

It's obviously been a challenging situation to deal with, but JE has done so with the utmost class and respect for all concerned. Bottom line is that when push comes to shove, JE and AL will pull together their forces and stay united. That's what brothers do...they fight, try different strategies to fix the problem, and then, ultimately, reconcile...as it should be. These two men really LOVE one another and have weathered many storms. I know they'll come out on top of this one, too!

Let's all work on getting them into the R&R Hall of Fame

LOVE and peace to all

Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  20:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I read JE's circus diary, I thought this is nice, but why not tell us about some things we all would like to know. This is one person who was with Arthur in the past and in the present. Surely, he could voice an opinion or provide some facts. Well, I'm glad to see he has done just that.
When I saw JE and AL play together at Town Hall,NYC, I thought Al probably needs JE to talk to, relate to , hang with. There is clearly a generation gap between BL and AL. It sounds like there is hope for the future. I am disappointed in all those Love fans who have now deserted the ship.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2005 :  22:24:00  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thank you Johnny for clearing up a few things. Maybe some of the doubts expressed by new posters will be put to rest.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

Lina
First Love

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  01:15:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Johnny!

We needed that!
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  03:38:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THANK YOU, Johnny, for setting things straight.
Since the last tour this messageboard has ripped itself to shreds, and the catalyst for this has been, more than The Singer's actions or Mike Randle's diaries, the advent of one 'new poster' in particular, who has blundered their way round the board with a blatant untruth here and a jibe there, the consequence of this being that board members have been forced into one of two camps. Perhaps this uninformed - and misguided - person thought that they would swing almost all posters and readers onto the side of Mr.Lee, but, regretably this has not been thec case, and longstanding great fans of Love and Arthur have gone, some, I don't doubt, for good. Good people found themselves inexorably sucked into arguments or were repelled by them and have now left, or have behaved in an uncharacteristically intemperate manner. I include myself in this category. A lot of this was avoidable had people not felt compelled to make choices and act upon them. People that Johnny has met, liked and appreciated - as did Arthur.
Unpalatable as it is to some, and one in particular. Johnny has now confirmed that all events concerning the AL/BL split as related in MR's diaries were sadly true. Words have now come from the horses mouth which cannot be argued against, as has a request to now let things rest. There is wreckage floating all around. Message recieved?
Johnny, you are a much needed antidote. Please continue to be so.
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  12:33:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good post Mike P and I do wonder how many people have really left the board. And I'm sure that those that have will be back now that things are starting to settle.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  16:21:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Allan

Johnny

It's great to hear from you. Thank You for adding some creedence on what many of us have been trying to say for some time now.

There have been a few new members here lately that have been trying to alienate this message board by saying "You're either for Arthur or not for Arthur". As you know, most of the original members here never felt that way. We were and are for LOVE. All of us have the utmost respect for Arthur the singer-songwriter, but most of us question Arthur the person.

Is this an example of Stalinist revisionism???
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  16:25:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Since the last tour this messageboard has ripped itself to shreds, and the catalyst for this has been, more than The Singer's actions or Mike Randle's diaries, the advent of one 'new poster' in particular, who has blundered their way round the board with a blatant untruth here and a jibe there, the consequence of this being that board members have been forced into one of two camps. Perhaps this uninformed - and misguided - person thought that they would swing almost all posters and readers onto the side of Mr.Lee, but, regretably this has not been thec case, and longstanding great fans of Love and Arthur have gone, some, I don't doubt, for good. Good people found themselves inexorably sucked into arguments or were repelled by them and have now left, or have behaved in an uncharacteristically intemperate manner. I include myself in this category. A lot of this was avoidable had people not felt compelled to make choices and act upon them. People that Johnny has met, liked and appreciated - as did Arthur.
Unpalatable as it is to some, and one in particular. Johnny has now confirmed that all events concerning the AL/BL split as related in MR's diaries were sadly true. Words have now come from the horses mouth which cannot be argued against, as has a request to now let things rest. There is wreckage floating all around. Message recieved?

Hey, they may be 'stinking' songs but I still want to hear them.

Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  18:41:57  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Thanks Mike P for putting this so eloquently. I hope the message has been received by the people who tried so hard to divide this board into two camps. Strange, there have been no posts, now that Johnny has spoken. I truly hope the mainstays of this group will now return.
Love surely should be in the rock and roll hall of fame. If someone tells me how to vote, I'll be there. And I stand by all my previous comments that BL is/was a fantastic group of musicians. The treat of getting to see Johnny and Mike together will always be a fond memory of mine. Two incredible guitar musicians just enjoying playing off of each other.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  00:09:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Everyone,
I haven't deserted the board...I've just been very busy since the summer (also, due to 7/7 and illness in July, I only caught one show, last time round). It's good to hear Johnny's thoughts here, and it seems that he is giving Arthur some necessary moral support. Certainly, if someone like Johnny (who seems to have a great degree of integrity)can bring Arthur to some sort of equilibrium, it can only be a good thing. Previously, I had suspected that Arthur would be dead within the year - which would be tragic, considering that only fifteen months ago, he was giving some of the best performances I have seen by anyone, ever. I for one, hope to see him perform again. However, for Arthur to dismiss Baby Lemonade as a bunch of kids is ridiculous. Having seen Love in 1970, 1974, and 1994, then 21 times since, BL are the best Love band I have ever seen, and helped bring Arthur into the modern world. In my own few brief meetings with him, Arthur has been very personable, but I was saddened and appalled by some of his later behaviour, which was insulting both to the band and his fans. I can fully understand why Mike spoke out aginst him in the way that he did. From hereon, I hope that things get better for everyone - that Baby Lemonade get recognition for their own creative talent, and that Arthur can re-establish himself as a respected musician, instead of going to ruin as it seemed he might. I also hope that the sense of community and friendship that has emerged among the fans in recent years can be sustained. Love to all, John E
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  00:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John E, you sure said it! I was going to post something similar but you took the words right out of my mouth. Instead, I will just say THANK YOU
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  00:43:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oops...continuing on, THANK YOU, to Baby Lemonade, for making the impossible happen. I never dreamed I would ever see Love, but I got to on the Zombies tour and it was the best show I have ever been to...left that show feeling good for a long time. None of it would have been possible if it weren't for BL. Thank You to AL, Brian, Kenny, Michael, Johnny, for making the timeless music of Forever Changes...in my opinion the greatest album of all time, by any group.
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  01:01:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thanks Mike P for putting this so eloquently. I hope the message has been received by the people who tried so hard to divide this board into two camps. Strange, there have been no posts, now that Johnny has spoken. I truly hope the mainstays of this group will now return.
Love surely should be in the rock and roll hall of fame. If someone tells me how to vote, I'll be there.

Cheryl

Alas, though I think they (LOVE) should be in there, they will probably never make it. It seems that Arthur has indeed alienated WAY TOO MANY PEOPLE in the industry who could vote to put him there. Buddy Miles is in the same boat.

KD
[/quote]
Go to Top of Page

johnnylovejoy
Second Love

38 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2005 :  01:38:59  Show Profile  Visit johnnylovejoy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you one and all, for your understanding! This has been a "trying" period for all of us! let me say this; LOVE was never about the "cult of personality" that some Well intentioned folks, seem bent on making us!
LOVE was a group and I emphasize "GROUP"of five uniquely talented individuals,who were never told what, or how too play, but given the freedom, earned through ability, too improvise and experiment, in order too create a body of work that has become TIMELESS
Let's take time and reflect, on What's transpired, these last couple of month's! No (one) of us is at fault! Yet we all, must share some of the blame, for what did occur! Instead of talking with each other, as the "friend's" we have become, we began "sniping" and "name calling" and talking around one another! That's the quickest way, too lose "friendship's" Please let us all respond, and be the kind of people that personify the name LOVE and let's LOVE ONE ANOTHER AND FORGIVE! :Johnny Echols

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page