When Johnny came marching home...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2005 :  22:28:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things were looking so good, with the Forever Changes orchestra gigs and Johnny joining the band. The future looked bright for all of LOVE's fans -- finally, we were going to see them back on stage again.

What happened Arthur pulled an "Arthur" by not honoring his commitment for the European tour. Now, instead of becoming a solid unit, the band has split up with Arthur moving to Memphis and no gigs in sight for The Love Band. Guess it was too good to last, but I thought that Johnny's return was phenomenal -- something most of us never thought we'd see again. But like most special things, it seems that this was not meant to last forever

Guess we can still hope that JE and AL will find a way to reunite There certainly has been enough publicity, more than there ever has been for decades. Wouldn't it be great if they could capitalize on this and pull it together? One can only hope --

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 22/09/2005 :  20:54:35  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
it was great to see Arthur and Johnny together on stage again even if it was only the once at Bristol earlier this year

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

otiselevator
Third Love

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2005 :  00:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think its time for a reality check on these boards. Arthur Lee is great, I've been following Love since Da Capo and seeing the Forever Changes concerts counts among the peak experiences of my, now, middle age. Most of his subsequent records have had a few tracks each which confirm his talent. Let's face it though, Arthur may yet produce another decent record but he won't give us anything comparable to Forever Changes.If he had written anything good during all those years in prison we'd know about it by now. Baby Lemonade have done a fantastic job with Arthur and may even record somthing wonderful with Johnny Echols, I hope so, but untimately they will have to find their own way or become just another footnote in rock history. It's all a great pity because Arthur Lee is one of the great lost superstars of our age, as confirmed by his recent renaissance. His songwriting, vocal skill and all round charisma mark him out as a truly exceptional talent.He also has the ability to hear what's going on around him and make it his own. Perhaps he's not easy to get on with, his talent for handling the media borders on the Dylanesque. His stage presence, on a good night, is extraordinary. But, suprise, suprise, like so many stars before him, he's got "issues". Sorry but I've heard all this before. I'll listen to the old CDs with the same love I always have, and I'll watch for new material with a hopeful heart just like we all do, but expectations, I don't have any.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2005 :  05:25:26  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
otiselevator- good to meet you! i've seen Arthur Lee perform in the '60s, 70s, and the recent tours of the last few years. MAN, what an amazing bunch of shows! he's brought tears to my eyes, in the GOOD way!, and , yet brought tears of pain at some recent shows i was at. he sure does put us through it. i am always intrigued by his presence, good or bad.but i don't like the bad side !it makes me feel really frustrated and let down!!! i await new recordings from him, and from Johnny Echols and LOVE BAND. EITHER WAY, IT MATTERS! Arthur Lee and Johnny Echols are BOTH here NOW!!!! even did some shows( that i was at) recently, and Baby Lemonade (LOVE BAND) are great! now, it's CHANGES, again! (forever changes!), i wishh everyone success, and good live shows and recordings for us to have!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page