Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2006 :  22:05:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was at the Maryport Blues Festival last weekend and it was a blast. Eric Sardinas blew me away!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2006 :  01:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been to the Chepstow Festival today (or should that be yesterday?)The "Animals & Friends" only had Steele on drums from the original Animals, but they were still pretty damn good. Ten Years After didn't bother to show up - reneged on the day, citing "contractual difficulties" (ie they weren't going to be paid enough, money-grubbing b******s, no doubt!). Still was our gain as they called back a rather good Bristol blues band, Loose Change, for another mini set and BBHC got 20 minutes longer than planned.

Oh yes, playing second guitar for bbhc was some bloke called Jerry Donahue!!!

Another bonus was Linda Gail, (sister of Jerry Lee) Lewis. She is not a bad performer at all, and her pick-up band also included aforementioned Hellecaster, along with Clive Bunker from Jethro Tull and Guy Fletcher from the Blues Band - playing acoustic for once.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2006 :  13:21:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Off to see Big Brother & The Holding Company tomorrow night. Can't wait!!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2006 :  14:05:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hope you enjoy them. Kitto isn't as good as Lisa Mills, who I saw last time I managed to catch them, but she looks the part and gels well with the guys. JD will no doubt be better too after 5 gigs with the band - he admitted to me afterwards that at the moment they were "just winging it". Some of his lead work on Ball and Chain, to name but one, was pretty awesome, however.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 30/08/2006 :  17:19:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BBHC were great last night, small but enthusiastic crowd and the token drunken woman falling over on the dance floor.
It was great to meet the guys after, I wanted to kidnap peter albin, Also nice to meet jerry donahue..i think kitto did a goood job considering the boots she had to fill!
were you there caljam?? was looking out for a lonesome coke drinker
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2006 :  00:00:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jellybean,

Yes I was there. I made a friend in the queue waiting to get in, so I sat with him, hence I didn't look like I had no mates!

I have a feeling I may have spotted you, but was too sober and lost my bottle to ask a complete stranger if she was "Jellybean", just in case I made an embarrassing error, and got a slap in the face!

Were you with two girl mates sitting to the right of the stage?

I was the youngish tanned lad with the black T-Shirt.

I thought the band were fabulous. I loved the acid jams. Jerry Donahue was a perfect fit. Kitto was excellent as well.

Well worth the long journey down, and I bought their CD for the journey back. Got it signed as well. Really nice people.

Edited by - Cal Jam on 31/08/2006 00:02:47
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2006 :  01:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh that was us, i had contimplated just shouting your name and seeing who looked but would have felt like an arse.
I'm trying to think if I remember seeing you..I think i'd had too many of those little bottles of wine. I rambled on at sam andrews for a good 5 minutes and then he said "i'm sure what you said was just great honey but I didn't understand a word of it" hahahaha
mental note
must stop traumatising ageing 60's psychedelic musicians
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 31/08/2006 :  04:45:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Would you two like us to go into the other room for a while

'Sounds like the show was a good one. Groovy!

Lee

Yes, I'm going 'round and 'round.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2006 :  21:12:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad to see I'm not the only bbhc fan here. I agree - they really are nice guys; spent 15 mins chatting with pete earlier in the afternoon about the problems of Euro touring and the way these "traumatised ageing 60's psychedelic musicians" keep doing it for the love of performing.

I just wish i hadn't done a tape change when i did as i missed the start of POMH. Still, the recording looks pretty good in parts - need to get a lead to transfer it now.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2006 :  21:35:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

Glad to see I'm not the only bbhc fan here. I agree - they really are nice guys; spent 15 mins chatting with pete earlier in the afternoon about the problems of Euro touring and the way these "traumatised ageing 60's psychedelic musicians" keep doing it for the love of performing.

I just wish i hadn't done a tape change when i did as i missed the start of POMH. Still, the recording looks pretty good in parts - need to get a lead to transfer it now.

Well, hardly anyone turned up to see them in Leeds, but the people who did will be forever grateful. I'm still pinching myself. Never thought, in my wildest dreams, that I'd ever see Big Brother live. I was on another planet.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  00:55:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cal Jam

Well, hardly anyone turned up to see them in Leeds, but the people who did will be forever grateful. I'm still pinching myself. Never thought, in my wildest dreams, that I'd ever see Big Brother live. I was on another planet.

Just got a recording of the show today if you are interested. You didn't take any pics by chance so I can knock up some artwork.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  17:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Claude Bourbon last night, very good guitarist(accoustic), thoroughly enjoyed it.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2006 :  20:53:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw this skinhead with a kazoo in Covent Garden. He was playing "How Much Is That Doggie in the Window", and when it got to the relevant bit, his dog barked on cue! Love, John E
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  03:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ruff!Ruff!
Sweet. Wish I'd seen it. Hope he had coins in his hat.
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2006 :  18:17:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i took some pics boombox but with my phone so not sure how they will look, can email you them if you like?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page