Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 30

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  21:25:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I knew the link and don't mind the song actually, but the song didn't really fit with the rest of the setlist.
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  23:59:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Pretty Things are playing the 100 Club on Friday 5th December. The tour they keep talking about I think is 6 dates, 3 in UK, probably all London, and 3 in Europe somewhere. They are also playing the Isle Of Wight on Friday October 24, but is not part of that tour I understand.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  00:23:10  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Old_Man

The Pretty Things are playing the 100 Club on Friday 5th December. The tour they keep talking about I think is 6 dates, 3 in UK, probably all London, and 3 in Europe somewhere. They are also playing the Isle Of Wight on Friday October 24, but is not part of that tour I understand.

I saw The Pretty Things a few years back, they were excellent but would enjoy seeing them again, I'll look out for the dates
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  01:35:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is Dicky Taylor a part of the current Pretty Things lineup? Love his guitar work.

Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  06:32:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes LK he is, the core of the band at the moment is Dick Taylor, Phil May and Frank Holland. George Perez is on base and Jack Greenwood on drums. I posted this link on the Too Old To Rock? thread(you must have missed it) - http://www.rockpalast.de/video.phtml?id=the_pretty_things
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  19:57:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course in this video Wally is playing and not George.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  21:00:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes LK he is, the core of the band at the moment is Dick Taylor, Phil May and Frank Holland. George Perez is on base and Jack Greenwood on drums. I posted this link on the Too Old To Rock? thread(you must have missed it) - http://www.rockpalast.de/video.phtml?id=the_pretty_things

Right..thanks, old man!

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 26/09/2008 :  20:35:51  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The Quarter After - if you';e a Byrds fan you'll love them.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  11:49:42  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My partner's just rejoined his old band, Animals and Men, so will be seeing them soon as they have a gig in London on the 29th October.

I have my doubts they will appeal to many on here though

www.myspace.com/animalsandmen
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  18:48:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The Pretty Things S F Sorrow UK tour dates are here:
http://www.modculture.info/2008/10/pretty-things-p.html

Saw Brian Auger's Obliviom Express at the Jazz Cafe last night, brilliant keyboardist.

Also saw Stephen Still earlier this month at the Shepherds Bush Empire, great solo acoustic set which ended with a superb Suite Judy Blue Eyes, electric set pretty good as well. He looked much better than when I saw him in CSN at the Hammersmith a couple of years back, lost a lot of weight, in good voice and some wonderful guitar playing.
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 21/10/2008 :  23:15:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw Stephen Stills too. In fantastic form and really enjoyed the gig. Also saw Stevie Winwood who was simply magnificent. Those old Traffic songs still sound just as wonderful as they ever did.
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 31/10/2008 :  21:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This week with Tina as our Not the Baby Lemonade Tour we saw Feeder, Gabrielle and Al Green along with a lot of snow in Birmingham. Greta great and amazing.
Last week it was the Tom Waits Project - Mercy and Grand show which was great too.

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  00:53:56  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Not a band but we saw 'Cabaret' in Bath last week, it was a good show but I think I was spoilt when I saw it last year, in London, with Julian Clary in the role of 'Emcee', he was perfect.

Our next gig is 'Mercury Rev' in Bristol on November 12th. Guess we may just catch some music when in Cuba from 16th November...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2008 :  14:38:35  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I see Lizzy has got in before me. Feeder was unexpected in that a friend's daughter had some tix she couldn't use at short notice - not quite my thing but much appreciated by the sell-out crowd.

Al Green was great in a snowy Birmingham - he was lamenting about how he never saw places, he just got off the plane and was driven to the hotel and then driven to the venue, but he did say he'd seen the snow. Tremendous band (14 people in total on stage), one of those horn sections consisting of old guys in caps who've been around since the year dot and know their stuff backwards, some great backing singers and two brilliant loose-limbed male dancers. Loved it.

Also Gabrielle in support after she told us a number of years of not performing, very good.
http://www.expressandstar.com/2008/10/29/al-green-spreads-the-word/

Edited by - Tina on 01/11/2008 14:43:42
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 20/11/2008 :  03:04:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Low in Manchester. I recommend support band Ida, who I'd not heard anything of pre-gig. They played a really fine version of Richard Thompson's 'For Shame Of Doing Wrong'. Low have been on a three date UK mini-tour, playing their revered 'Christmas' mini album in it's entirety. For this, Ids returned to the stage to form a seven piece, and the result was truly sublime. The three song encore, which included a heartfelt cover of Lennon's 'Merry Christmas (War Is Over), was pretty damn good too. What was particularily heartening was the number of people there, like me in their late 40's/early 50's, not stuck in a time warp, enjoying adventurous music played by people quite a bit younger than themselves. While I think that there are a lot of dull, middling, derivative acts around at the moment, there are a few who continue to make my gig going a real pleasure, and Low very definitely fit into that category. One of my gigs of the year, up there with Mr Young. Cohen's next on 30/11. Bound to be a letdown : )
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 30 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page