Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cardiff Anne
First Love

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2005 :  03:44:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Having been a member since April 2005, I've read and enjoyed this messageboard but have never made a post. I've been a big fan of AL for many years but unfortunately, due to particular posts made by one person, this has changed for me. I felt that posts made initially by Wendy from When about AL were sympathetic and honest but have now turned into something bordering on the ridiculous, with no responses to topics other than those where the Love Band, especially MR can be slated. These postings have certainly brought about two camps and I know which one I'm in. Roll it out boys, while I wait for the onslaught.
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2005 :  06:14:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I think after all everbody here must be cool, or else they wouldn't be here (this board), and I'm sure that's the case. We all gots our differences natch. No reason to |=*<% it up just because life has been doling out a little extra weirdness in the recent past..
Just thinkin' out loud,
Jon
Go to Top of Page

Phil Brauer
Third Love

90 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2005 :  10:53:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aight. I probably need to take a chill pill. I am, and most everyone I care about, are very upset over everything the Bush Crime Family does...and I do think they were criminally negligent in their handling of the hurricane, and in their illegal war, which we don't even hear about anymore, do we? enough politics. I am watching the Love DVD right now, and I guess I am upset that AL is such a brilliant ****-up. But what are you gonna do? I truly do hope that we can hear some new music from Love (Gethsemane). I also feel like you guys are ganging up on Wendy for no reason that I can see, other than that she still supports AL. (however, I haven't read every one of her post's, maybe there is something I am missing?) But every post I have seen seems reasonable, nothing to go after her for. The world is f-d up right now, AL is f-d up (but I can't blame him for seeking escape, being tired of the bull****, etc) Anyway, now I'm ramblin', two pints down and ready to go to bed. Peace, Phil.
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2005 :  11:30:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agree with you Phil Brauer but I don't think anybody's 'gone after' Wendy, or her support of AL. There was a lot of support for AL intially here but that seems to have dropped off as well-inevitable I think with latter postings. I wonder if AL knows what's been written? We'll never know!
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 14/09/2005 :  20:28:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Judith

Agree with you Phil Brauer but I don't think anybody's 'gone after' Wendy, or her support of AL. There was a lot of support for AL intially here but that seems to have dropped off as well-inevitable I think with latter postings. I wonder if AL knows what's been written? We'll never know!

Arthur has NOT taken sides on the KW controversy.
When Arthur puts out a new cd, I will be the first to buy, and when he makes his comeback gig( JE in the picture now?) I will be the
first in line.
I think Arthur knows what is being written, from his brief remarks to the LA newspaper.
Go to Top of Page

maldurqoue
First Love

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  10:41:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Who are all these people who just showed up? I'm one of them and I'm also the one who emailed MR that nasty little letter. I've had time to re-examine my stance and I've realized that I've judged Mike a bit too harshly. It was a knee jerk response.

By way of explanation: I was quite distressed at the Katrina catastrophe, I was outraged by the lack of initial support, rescue and lack of humanity at all levels, particularly the federal. Kanye West spoke for many of us that day and said something, almost cathartic, that was long in coming regarding Republican administrations over the years and then Mike - in what also appeared to be a knee jerk response - castigated Mr West for his very apporpriate comments (for those who think the relief effort was hindered by Kanye;honestly, what kind of inhuman scumbag would be watching the fund raiser and say 'Ya know I was all set to help them poor victims, the destitute and homeless. I wanted to ease their pain and do the humanitarian thing, but that loudmouth dissed the president so I'm keeping my MONEY!!') and came off sounding just like "them" with their "now is not the time to play the blame game" misdirection. Re-reading his diary I still find his comments regarding Kanye West overly harsh seemingly lacking awareness of the underlying history that would elicit such a statement from Kanye West, but again, I believe Mike's take that day to be - as mine was to him - 90% emotion, 10% thought.

Some of you may accept and understand my explanation, for those who don't: pillory away!

Lastly on the Katrina subject, let me list three of the many things that would've been different if Al Gore had been president (probably Kerry too, but I'm not as certain)

1) The funding for the levee project would not have been slashed so there is a chance that enough of it would have been completed as to withstand the torrential assault.

2) Since there would be no war in Iraq, the National Guard would have beeen at full strength in Louisiana and Mississippi rather than the 35% from each state that is currently deployed "elsewhere"

3) Al Gore, like Clinton before him, would have hired someone qualified, with actual disaster experience, to head FEMA instead of having a political crony and former head of the International Arabian Horse Society in charge. I think the rescue effort might have gone just a BIT better.

A couple of notes:

To Wendy: I enjoy both your posts and your tenacity. Your only 'sin' around here was causing a release from a couple of rather large gasbags who hate the see their designated status quo upended.

To OCFan: I have to take you to task on your "there's black racism againt whites too" comment. Now I'm not condoning hatred and bigotry on anyone's part but before you try to equate the two, look into your heart and ask yourself this: over the last 400 years or so what things have African Americans done to engender the hatred of whites, and, in the same time period, what things have white people done to engender the hatred and distrust of African-Americans?

Whew, being my first post and all, I was going to introduce myself, but I'll put that on separate post to keep this from becoming a marathon.

-Mal-

Silence is a sound we hear far too little of these days.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  20:56:32  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Two wrongs don't make a right. Am I do assume that reverse racism is an okay thing because white's were @#*holes, long before my time?
And true, silence is golden. The animosity going on is a bit much for me.
Scottish Kieth said it all.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  21:36:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So well put, Mal, I couldn't have put it better myself. Thanks for your words, which I find refreshing considering all the pettiness that's been going on here. So many emotions attempting to express their disappointment and frustrations more than often come flooding out with no self-censorship. Totally understandable, we're all feeling it.

Cheryl, I respectfully have to address your comments. As much as I wish it were true; unfortunately, whites weren't just assholes long before your time. Sadly, racism still rears its ugly head today. Ever heard of DWB? 'Driving While Black' exists for a reason -- it really happens TODAY along with many more violations of civil rights. It just depends on the lifestyle one lives as to whether they have exposure to this evil force.

LOVE and peace
Go to Top of Page

maldurqoue
First Love

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  22:17:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well ocfan, I see you looked deep into your heart.

History is more than just a journal of our past. History is who and why we are today. Furthermore, I never said that racism is confined to history, it has a very real though often more subtle present and future in this country. If you don't believe that especially in light of recent events then you have indeed lived behind the Orange curtain for far too long.

All I actually asked of you, instead of giving me your standard issue response, was to really think about how we got to where we are today and to see if you can at least attempt to see not the merits, because there are none, but at least the differences and causes of white on black vs black on white racism. Of course, we'd all like racism to go away, but just because Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity have decleared it vanquished and that anyone who dares mention it is a "race-baiter", it sure doesn't make it so.

One last local example for you. Were you aware that up until the mid 1980's the Newport Beach police had an unofficial but oft used radio designation called 'NIN'? It stood for 'nigger in Newport' and was used when an African Amercian was spotted in the Newport Beach city limits by a police officer. Imagine that, you're black you're in the city of Newport - these are your only transgressions - and the police feel a need to alert each other as to your presence.It was in regular use until a newspaper exposed it. The chief at the time admitted its use, tried to dismiss it as no longer in use, and then apologized and guaranteed it would no longer be used.

OCFan, I ask you, was the mid 1980's 'way before your time'?

-Mal-

Silence is a sound we hear far too little of these days.
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 27/09/2005 :  22:26:13  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I happen to be white and I stand by my previous comments. I abhor racism and bigotry in any form. Unfortunately, as I have also said before, it has and will always exist, be it by racism, religous bias, sexism and on and on. There will always be someone who attempts to make himself feel better by looking down on others. And unfortunately, again it goes both ways. Am I unaware of it's existence. Nope, just tried to raise my kid to not believe in such hogwash.
But that's another topic isn't it?

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

stefaan
Second Love

Belgium
45 Posts

Posted - 29/09/2005 :  15:05:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Being an European, and seen it been mensoined a few times here: What is George Bush going to do after Katrina and Rita.Who's to blame? What country will be invaded now? My guess is Cuba: he may be old and grey by now, but Castro still makes a lot of wind when he's holding a speach for 4 or more hours.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page