Sky Saxon and The Seeds U.K. Tour
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  21:57:49  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sky Saxon and The Seeds are back touring in the U.K. soon new cd album out soon which comes with a bonus live DVD .. you can pre order the cd from http://www.play.com for £11.99 tour dates and info at http://www.jungle-records.com/

hey ho! lets go!

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 16/08/2005 :  23:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw a poster last night at the Robin in Bilston which said the Seeds and Electric Prunes on the same bill, but it seems like The Prunes have pulled out - having a problem accessing their site though so can't check. Still Sky Saxon should be worth seeing - missed him last time he came.
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2005 :  00:50:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for spreading this great news Steve64!i could have missed this great event like I did when Love played their first concert here in Norway at cruise cafe in Oslo in 96( I found out two days too late) :(. Hearing "The wind blows your hair" in 90-91 was a real kick off for me to explore more unknown 60s garage/psych/punk than the more known ones i allready were big fan of.
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2005 :  18:12:50  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
hi Boombox... Electric Prunes have cancelled their U.K. tour due to 'flaky promoters'! but Sky Saxon is still touring to promote his new album they were only gonna do a couple of shows together...

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2005 :  21:47:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

hi Boombox... Electric Prunes have cancelled their U.K. tour due to 'flaky promoters'! but Sky Saxon is still touring to promote his new album they were only gonna do a couple of shows together...

hey ho! lets go!

Thanks for the confirmation; pity really, as the Prunes were great last time I saw them.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2005 :  04:41:58  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
they play The Knitting Factory , Hollywood, 8-23! MR.farmer is pushin' too hard!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 20/08/2005 :  22:41:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone going to the cluny gig in n.castle?
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 26/08/2005 :  17:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jellybean

anyone going to the cluny gig in n.castle?

Wow!

Just been searching for possible gigs I want to go to, and found out that Sky Saxon is on tour!

That's brilliant!

I was just sitting here at work wondering how I was going to get to Edinburgh to see him AND The Prunes at such short notice, but if the Prunes have cancelled (their live DVD is fabulous) then I'll hang on until The Sax Man comes to Newcastle!

Can't wait!

Cheers,
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2005 :  05:11:50  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by steve64

Sky Saxon and The Seeds are back touring in the U.K. soon new cd album out soon which comes with a bonus live DVD .. you can pre order the cd from http://www.play.com for £11.99 tour dates and info at http://www.jungle-records.com/

hey ho! lets go!

That's some pretty obscure venue he's playing..'Praa Sands' that's a holiday site down in the west of Cornwall..who is there that time of yer lol.

Still, none in Bristol so guess I won't make it this time (still after last time that's probably just as well)
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2005 :  11:19:15  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am hoping to go the Seeds gig in the village of Ash(near Yeovil) Somerset on October 9th.. they are playing a pub called The Bell which has regular mainly Blues gigs! wonder what the local farmers will make of Sky?

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2005 :  13:43:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
MR. Skymaster is back!!Next saturday on Elm Street,Oslo,is gonna be one of the highlights of my life!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 28/08/2005 :  15:53:59  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It wasn't one of mine!! lol (Sorry, private joke for those in the know)

Seriously, great live act, if they were playing somewhere I could get to I would be there, no problem.
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 21/09/2005 :  09:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The London gig on the 29th September has been moved from the Mean Fiddler to The Garage, a smaller venue, and there are two free pairs of tickets on offer in a competition at
http://www.meanfiddler.com/members/login/
Register if you are not on their mailing list, looks like Sky is not selling as many tickets as they had hoped.
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2005 :  21:22:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But not too near the front this time Caryne eh?,,,LOL
Go to Top of Page

Cal Jam
Fourth Love

220 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2005 :  01:15:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just came back from The Seeds gig at Newcastle. I'll have whatever Sky is having!
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  17:52:21  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
just listening to the new 'Sky Saxon' album 'Transparency' which is very good includes a version of 'Little Red Book' and a bonus Live DVD

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page