New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Michael West
First Love

Denmark
16 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  10:26:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All this heartbreak and sadness lately gives a fan a strange compulsion sometimes.

My latest was to go down to a record store here in Copenhagen and finally buy an old British produced version of the double album Out Here. I had been reluctant as it was a bit expensive. I had no hopes of the songs being particularly good.
Now I wanted it as some sort of treasured relic ..or a talisman to ward off evil?

I listened to it carefully for clues, to try to gage where Arthur’s head was during those years.

Trying to understand Arthur and his moods and music takes a psychologist, a historian and an archeologist.

The lyrics from Stand Out may tell us something. About anger, pain and resentment. Who knows?

I'm supposed to love you
but I don't know why
'Cause you don't want to have nothing to do with me, no
You hurt my feelings and you make me cry
And that’s the kind of thing that gets next to me

Yes, stand out
Let me see whatever you are

Now you say your mother taught you to tell right from wrong
But did she show you the dividing line between the weak and the strong
If you go around labelling people by the colour of their size
All I can tell you people is that you're in for a big surprise

Yes, stand out
I think you ought to stand out
So I can see whatever you are
Stand out stand out

Now you’re supposed to love me
And if you don't know why
Now I'm your ticket to heaven
And that ain't no lie
I see a man lying on his death bed all filled up with hate
You better put some love in his life
Somebody said the hour is getting late

Stand out
I think you ought to stand out
And let me see whatever you are

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  18:08:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Talking of OUT HERE ,I think GIMI A LITTLE BREAK is a very apt title for whats going down right now.
If you doubt the genius of ARTHUR LEE, have a listen to I STILL WONDER,....WILLOW,WILLOW or LISTEN TO MY SONG....great music.
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2005 :  20:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And, speaking of "I Still Wonder", that is definitely one song that might provide some of your clues.

"I think I'll take some time and get myself together.
But I know that I'll be back, and I---I---I don't really care."

Seems to kinda say it all...
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  00:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about "Once i haD A SINGIng group...SINGING Group and GONE.......

NOW I GOT ANOTHER GROUP, didn,t too long.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2005 :  00:31:20  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yep, perhaps it says it all about how Arthur feels about the people he has worked with, totally disposable..not nice at all really.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  05:19:21  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i understand what Randle posted on the diaries concerning Lee's behaviour NOT caused by drugs/ alcohol. to a degree , i agree. BUT, having been there , done that .... i know what drug dependence can do. ok- thread is about clues, so my personal observances are: may 30, 2003, Royce Hall( UCLA, CA.)Arthur is so smashed( can't even keep time with tambourine), was VERY relaxed( nodding out on smack, i believe ) , not that there's anything WRONG with that, just ( i like to get down as much as the next guy!), but, to wreck a show, .....next clue....sept. 29, 2004, Wilshire Ebell , L.A. ( with the Zombies). during the part in " THE RED TELEPHONE", at the line, " i don't know if the third's the fourth or if the fifth's to fix"....Arthur extended his arm. pointed to the mainline, and you get the picture. like i said , i'm not anti drugs or anti this or that. not ME!!! i just am troubled and annoyed by poor performances by great performers!!! drugs or not. besides, i just don't like watching artists who are more loaded than me. i paid to have them ENHANCE MY OWN high, not bring it down! i'll nod out if i want . that's MY choice. i cringe when i see the Singer nodding out! that's just RUDE and stupid and depressing. all in all i'm only venting like this 'cause i care, you know what i'm saying!?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page