Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  15:07:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jellybean-excellent link. If I were a rich man, I'd buy a ton of stuff on this site

Allan

Edited by - Allan on 01/11/2005 15:09:13
Go to Top of Page

Arnstein
Fifth Love

Norway
340 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  16:33:49  Show Profile  Click to see Arnstein's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Yes, a great site! It also has my favourite psychedelic band: Devil Doll!
Go to Top of Page

jellybean
Fifth Love

316 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  12:51:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeh, i've had to ban myself from going on it now and again as i can't browse, i just have to buy!!! even typing in the link for you guys..ended up with me buying two cd's..oh lordy, banned myself again
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  18:39:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both albums from the Collectors are at Freak Emporium at a reasonable price:
https://www.freakemporium.com/new3/index_ns.cgi?band=Collectors
Go to Top of Page

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  21:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

Both albums from the Collectors are at Freak Emporium at a reasonable price:
https://www.freakemporium.com/new3/index_ns.cgi?band=Collectors

GAD! you guys are right, what a cool but dangerous place. I had to ban myself as well, instantly upon setting foot inside. But I'm sure I'll be back! Had a crazy bender on ebay recently, I'm now waaay overextended.
Jon
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  22:01:40  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Allan

asrolobe33 (Jon) and MHM (Chris)

I got Easter Everywhere by the 13th Floor Elevators about a week ago on CD. It's awesome...I play it all the time now. Great recommendation and Thank You.

Before the Jefferson Airplane, there was a group called The Great Society. I think this was Gracie's first band. I have a double LP which includes a first album, Conspicuous Only in its Absence, and it's like early garage semi psychedelic. Great versions of Somebody to Love and White Rabbit. I feel that Gracie was at her best with this LP. It's early SF...recorded at The Matrix, well before Gracie became so commercial.

Allan

The Great Society are tops. I got a live album of there's many years back, very innocent psyche, very cool. Love the early jazzy version of White Rabbit. The first 13th Floor Elevators album with You're Gonna Miss Me is well worth getting too.

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2005 :  22:14:31  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The Merry Go Round have finally had their back catalogue put out on cd. Some great things on there, You're A Very Lovely Woman & Live for two. Emitt Rhodes wrote some good tunes.
The United States of America's album has some great tunes on it and is very out there in places.
And if you like good psyche from this side of the pond, keep an eye out on Ebay or Amamzon for a cd called The Great British Psychedelic Trip Vol.1 1966-1969. That has got some blinding stuff on there. Red Sky At Night by The Accent, Come On Back by Paul & Ritchie & the Cryin' Shames, Tales of Flossie Fillet by Turquoise, great stuff!
Also there's a bootleg album you can get quite easily called Phillipe DeBarge by the Pretty Things, album after SF Sorrow, that due to odd reasons/folklore, wasn't ever officially released. The quality of the bootleg is reasonable on cd and it's definitely worth a spin or twenty.

www.BryanMacLean.com www.ZENuk.com www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2005 :  02:38:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MHM

Also there's a bootleg album you can get quite easily called Phillipe DeBarge by the Pretty Things, album after SF Sorrow, that due to odd reasons/folklore, wasn't ever officially released. The quality of the bootleg is reasonable on cd and it's definitely worth a spin or twenty.

Don't buy it - it is well-spread in trading circles (though I still can't track down a decent pic of the cover!!). Not my favourite Pretties boot, but I agree it's interesting. Basically it was a rich French guy(Phillipe Debarge) who offered the cash to the band to record with him. Musicianship is high and some of the songs should have been rerecorded for future Pretties releases.
Go to Top of Page

Jesse981
First Love

Austria
5 Posts

Posted - 14/12/2005 :  11:21:44  Show Profile  Visit Jesse981's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

There's a wealth of stuff to explore here:www.headheritage.co.uk/unsung

Why do u do this to us?

online poker listings - Germany Houses
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page