Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  18:53:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I’m surprised that there has not been more outrage on this board over these quotes in Mike’s latest diary. Here are 2 of the quotes:

"All that's left are pathetic messages on my (and the other guys) answering machine, ranging from 'I'm gonna kill this and that person' to out-an-out back door deals that involve him and us playing in some imaginary club he's going to open here in LA with Robert Plant"
AND:
"Hey. Want to know a victim? How about a woman who has a 4 month old baby, home alone while her husband is out playing music in Europe for nothing but pride and the wonderful people called LOVE fans And having a 61 year old man call the house and threatening to send 'Crips' to her house to have her killed? Even though I KNOW this is bull**** and a con, how does she know? "

Arthur sounding like a ghetto thug.
For everybody who wants to cut Arthur slack, read this a couple of times. Hopefully the excuses for Arthur will stop.

I'm sadden by this turn of events, but the truth is the truth.

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  19:32:38  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Bravo John. I WAS horrified when I read this. Mike would not make these things up. The people that still defend his behavior are like the Michael Jackson fans. Can't see the forest for the trees. Because someone has some amount of fame, entitles them to threaten women and act like a total ass? We can still love the music but feel horrified by Arthurs current behavior which is bordering on insanity. Somebody get that man into rehab. His career is probably over but at least he can get sober and quit acting like a lowlife gang member.

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  21:48:17  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JohnFPorcaro

I’m surprised that there has not been more outrage on this board over these quotes in Mike’s latest diary. Here are 2 of the quotes:

"All that's left are pathetic messages on my (and the other guys) answering machine, ranging from 'I'm gonna kill this and that person' to out-an-out back door deals that involve him and us playing in some imaginary club he's going to open here in LA with Robert Plant"
AND:
"Hey. Want to know a victim? How about a woman who has a 4 month old baby, home alone while her husband is out playing music in Europe for nothing but pride and the wonderful people called LOVE fans And having a 61 year old man call the house and threatening to send 'Crips' to her house to have her killed? Even though I KNOW this is bull**** and a con, how does she know? "

Arthur sounding like a ghetto thug.
For everybody who wants to cut Arthur slack, read this a couple of times. Hopefully the excuses for Arthur will stop.

I'm sadden by this turn of events, but the truth is the truth.

Hey, but don't you know? Arthur's a Crip now. At least that's what I hear every time he calls me now... I've been told that all these threats of violence he's leaving on people's phone answering machines... and I save all my really interesting messages too... are sort of icing-on-the-cake for three time losers here in the Golden State...
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  21:57:42  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crips

If like me you didn't know what crips are see the link
Go to Top of Page

ocfan
Fourth Love

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  22:13:26  Show Profile  Visit ocfan's Homepage  Click to see ocfan's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Scary stuff. Third strike on the way?

Cheryl
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  11:55:08  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's madness isn't it, you are right, guess there could have been more comments about the nature of what Mike and the rest have had to put up with but maybe some people just, kind of, suspected it. It sounds like the sort of nonsense I get all day from the kids I teach (for anyone who doesn't know I teach in a unit for 11-16 year olds who have been permanently excluded from school)but from a 61 year old man, well, as Cheryl says, it really does seem like more prison may be beckoning.
Go to Top of Page

Judith
Third Love

United Kingdom
93 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  13:40:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So, he's making a cult of himself then!
Go to Top of Page

steve64
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
344 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  14:02:38  Show Profile  Visit steve64's Homepage  Reply with Quote
maybe the band could put music to the phone messages from Arthur! and release it as the new album which Arthur does not seem to wanna release! like the surviving Doors did with Jim Morrisons poetry tapes on 'An American Prayer' LOVE go Gangsta Rap! can anyone see Mike ever wanting to work with Arthur again after his wife being threatened like that?!

hey ho! lets go!
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  14:54:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great idea, Steve64, but I don't reckon that they particularily feel like making any further contributions to his coffers. What's the betting that 'Gangsta' reckons that a pit bull is not enough, and is excercising his Constitutional Rights and is 'packing' once again? And who feels that a person in his sadly evident condition and who has threatened people the way he has should not be allowed to? God Bless Charlton Heston and the NRA. I've posted this before reading Mike's two most recent diaries, so Lord knows what's in them...this is all so sad, and should have been so, so different.
Go to Top of Page

waxburn
Old Love

USA
735 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  18:40:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nobody, really, has defended Arthur. Most did not know what was going on, we thought, for example that the Spain show was the result of Arthur being down due to the fact that his buddy had passed away.
(but how many will actaully stay away from the Arthur/Robert Plant show? :-) )
Go to Top of Page

Love
First Love

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  20:21:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I apologise for putting this message on twice, but though it relevant to both subjects!

Although it was painful to watch the Spain 2004 gig for the first time, thank you Torben for putting the link on this messageboard. Of course we were totally shocked and dismayed to see Arthur in such a state but my overwhelming feeling was of total embarrassment for the Band. It must have been soul destroying for them all, especially for Rusty who deserves a medal for trying to keep it together by singing when Arthur was obviously elsewhwere.

Having seen them in Southampton and Brighton earlier this year it was clear that Arthur had 'problems' He had lost a LOT of weight and seemed distant and wasn't really interested in meeting fans after the show.

Chris (my better half) has always been a big fan of Arthur. When he finally met him in Brighton in February 2004 it was one of the highlights of his life. When they met, Chris asked if he could shake his hand and said he was one of only three people in the world he wanted to meet. After a pause, Arthur asked who the other two were. When Chris replied Muhammad Ali and Bob Dylan, Arthur smiled and nodded his head. When Chris asked him to sign his copy of Forever Changes, Arthur said 'whats your name Sir?' Chris was overwhelmed that Arthur should call him Sir.

The reason for telling this story? Arthur has always been the same. He can be the nicest man in the world or can be the most nasty. Only he knows the reason why he is like it and only he can sort himself out. BUT, when it affects others in the way it has recently, then it is totally unacceptable and there comes a time when even the most respected man in the world loses the loyalty of his followers.

Only time will tell if he can sort himself out (again) but whether or not everyone can forgive him this time, is another matter.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

jimmyboy
Fourth Love

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  22:29:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ONCE WAS QUITE ENOUGH,THANK YOU.
Go to Top of Page

Love
First Love

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  22:42:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Am I to assume you don't like what I have written jimmyboy? If so, I would welcome constructive criticism and not just a one line put-down.
Go to Top of Page

Love
First Love

United Kingdom
14 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2005 :  22:46:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
P.s I have taken off one entry - just to please you. Have a good day!
quote:
Originally posted by Love

Am I to assume you don't like what I have written jimmyboy? If so, I would welcome constructive criticism and not just a one line put-down.

Go to Top of Page

otiselevator
Third Love

United Kingdom
61 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  01:41:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't even begin to describe how depressed I am to read all this. It was bad enough realising Arthur wasn't writing much in the way of new material but at least he had a whole lifetime's worth of back catalogue to draw from. His behaviour sounds even worse than some of the myriad stories people have told about him in the past. The band were tremendous when I saw them recently in Milton Keynes. Arthur and the band and orchestra have been incredible every other time I've seen them. I've listened to them ever since I bought Da Capo out of curiosity in 1967 (I think!) Why does he blow it every time he gets close to coming out on top? I just hope someone can get him some help or persuade him to see sense. Please..........!
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 26/07/2005 :  03:29:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Some get stoned
Some get strange
Sooner or later
It all gets real

'Walk On' from Neil Young's 'On The Beach'

There are some wise words on this record. Pity that Mr. Lee doesn't want to listen. Walk on, Love Band - or whatever you choose to call youselves - and good luck. Don't look back. His fault, his loss. I've read Mike's most recent posts now, and I know.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page