New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  21:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The new 100th issue of Uncut features 100 artists picking music, movies, TV shows and books that shook the world.
Forever Changes is at 45 with Robert Plant saying:

In the late 60s I really believed incredible change was in the air, and when I first heard Forever Changes it was like listening to the anthems and fanfares of that change. It made me want to be part of that ambiguous movement that we believed was going to lead to a new dawn. Who knows what Arthur Lee was on about in some of those lyrics, but they were mysterious and beguiling, and tracks like Old Man still offer hope for our time and condition. It's an album that's confrontational but also soothes.

I met Arthur when we both played the Canterbury Fayre in 2003. He looked up at me over his dark glasses, and I put my hands on his shoulders and said, "I'm really glad for you. Glad that you are back." There were so many things that I wanted to ask him, but sometimes it's fantastic just to stay a fan and not have your bubble burst.

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2005 :  21:54:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"I'm really glad for you. Glad that you are back." There were so many things that I wanted to ask him, but sometimes it's fantastic just to stay a fan and not have your bubble burst."

That's good move on Robert's part, because most of us hardcore fans have had our bubbles bursted.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page