Rock from when I was a kid
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2019 :  21:05:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Stormy Weather,The Leaders (Abie Baker Orch.,) Glory Records; It Will Stand, The Showmen

It's all the same day.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2019 :  22:08:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NICE!

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

LeeRob
Fifth Love

397 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2019 :  21:26:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am 71 y.o. now. I was 10 y.o. in 1957. I had older brothers and sisters who loved music and I heard it all from Ahmad Jamal to Elvis Presley. Certain tunes come to the fore more often from the "old days". Damn, the original 45 of James Brown's Please, Please, Please; Lloyd Price, I'm Gonna Get Married; Topsy Part 2, by Cozy Cole (everybody's first guitar riff - mine too, although I once put on the message board that it was Manhattan Spiritual, by Reg Owen Orch., this song sticks in my mind for some reason?) Anything by Hank Ballard and the Midnighters: Work With Me Annie; Annie's Aunt Fanny, etc. I loved Elvis and remember taping his first Ed Sullivan appearance on an old, Sears reel to reel for my brother who was off in the Navy. The fifties were a great seed bed for a million good sounds still going. Thanks for being here, STILL, and responding to my mediocre posts Lemonade. Happy New Year.

It's all the same day.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 15/01/2019 :  22:17:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mediocre, LeeRob? Never. How can anything to do with music be so?

Some great memories LeeRob. I am 68 and my memories run deep also.

Duke oF Earl, Blueberry Hill, That'll Be The Day, Jailhouse Rock, Roll Over Beethoven, Twist and Shout...
then all of a sudden, like some kind of miracle, the British Invasion. We were never the same, and I still bear those wonderful memories that are still etched in my heart, the privilege of living in the time of the greatest music revolution of the 20th Century...the Golden Age of Rock: 1950's-1960's.

My own prejudices I am sure, but that's ok by me...we all love the music we grew up with...I just happen to think ours was the best (and my young nephew agrees).

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page