Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 15/05/2018 :  22:51:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Johnny has posted (on Facebook I believe) that he loves the new Forever Changes remastered album and the rest. And that Arthur, Kenny, and Michael would be very happy, too.

Turns out Michael was unaware of the Rhino/Elektra reissue until a friend and fellow musician told him about it.

The actual writing of a song usually comes in the form of a realisation.
I can't contrive a song. Ð GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 24/05/2018 :  21:56:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how can Elektra lose the master tapes for the record?!

gotta say, I LOVE the Hoffman mix of the album (who is Steve Hoffman and how does he get the best jobs?

that longer Red Telephone on it (you can see why they faded it out, before the whistling!

such a superb album, how could Lee continue with other members and be calling it Love after that?!

has Echols talked up Gethesemene any time recently? last I heard he had David Angel involved, not to mention members of Baby Lemonade (who he still has a play with

Go to Top of Page

tedhead
Third Love

USA
52 Posts

Posted - 21/06/2018 :  07:47:22  Show Profile  Send tedhead an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just thought I would post here the same news I shared on the Hoffman board: I won a copy of the box set from Redbeard's contest, and am really looking forward to enjoying it! If I lived in California, I'd ask Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart if they would autograph it for me. Maybe someday...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2018 :  13:20:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tedhead

I just thought I would post here the same news I shared on the Hoffman board: I won a copy of the box set from Redbeard's contest, and am really looking forward to enjoying it! If I lived in California, I'd ask Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart if they would autograph it for me. Maybe someday...

Michael is in Vegas now. We talk often. He has signed many items for me ...I especially love a pair of signed drumsticks he gave me (that he used at the Love Revisited reunion at the Ugly Things Anniversary gig).

If I wasn't so in Love with the 50th box I have, in perfect condition (I've seen one still in the shrink with bent dogeared corners at Bull Moose that likely arrived that way), I'd send it off for Michael to sign for me. Don't trust the UPS or etc to be careful enough. Thanks for getting that obsession in my head, tedhead!

You will love it. The vinyl is the best yet, as is the DVD HQ quality disc! The hardbound folio style packaging is very cool. I love it so much. Well worth the $89!!

I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK

Edited by - lemonade kid on 24/06/2018 13:26:39
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 25/06/2018 :  22:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like it too. It really sounds great, although I haven't measured against the early 2CD reissue

Up there with the New Potato!

The acoustic guitar on Old Man sounds mighty fine as well on the remaster by Botick, although it seems that Live and Let Live (backing track)
and the backing track for Wonder People is the new only new material ?
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2018 :  14:07:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I like it too. It really sounds great, although I haven't measured against the early 2CD reissue

Up there with the New Potato!

The acoustic guitar on Old Man sounds mighty fine as well on the remaster by Botick, although it seems that Live and Let Live (backing track)
and the backing track for Wonder People is the new only new material ?

Yep.

I can't contrive a song. – GENE CLARK
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page