New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

abraxas
Fourth Love

USA
216 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2014 :  17:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was thinking about how Love could've been if everyone was on good terms and everyone sobered up by 1970. There is no telling how these guys could've been in the 70s. They could've kept doing baroque/psychedelic rock up till 1970 then shifted to some folk/roots rock then maybe to slight flirt with new wave and maybe add some psychedelica in there in the 1980s. Maybe in the 90s try to flirt with grunge(that would've been sort of cool if Love jammed with Eddie Vedder and the Pearl Jam guys).

The one thing that I do not know if any of the guys on the message board have asked if Maria McKee would've been in Love in the 1980s if the band still played. Maria got into the rock business at 15-16 and mentored by Bryan and I think Bryan and Maria might've done a show in the early 80s that had Arthur on the bill.

I believe if Love(classic lineup) had lasted beyond 1968 you would've saw Maria in the band. She could've been one of the top 3 songwriters in the band behind Arthur and Bryan. It would've been interesting to have a female band member.

Did Arthur ever consider adding women in the band in the 70s? I am not sure if Arthur ever met Maria not counting the Holidays dinners Arthur went to at Bryan's house

This is the time and life that I am living
And I'll face each day with a smile
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page