Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2005 :  04:02:17  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Oh, the innocence of youth! Sorry we've gone way off topic, but it was thst SusanB that started it, Miss! Now she's probably sitting there on the other side of the pond with a 'butter wouldn't melt' expression on her face..
You know, Caryne, its funny how original topics on this board can mutate into completely different subjects, but in this instance I cannot for the life of me think of anything that remotely connects Robert Plant with kilts or their contents. Can you?

Seriously Mike P, did you not see the after my last post? Sorry to disappoint you but not exactly any 'innocent youth'
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2005 :  03:00:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eeek! A horned devillyperson! I'm outta here!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2005 :  08:49:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeP

Eeek! A horned devillyperson! I'm outta here!

Sorry Mike, I'm not that evil
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2005 :  13:57:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll come out from behind the sofa, then.
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2005 :  00:50:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mike P. or whoever you are stop picking on me or else.------
See posts above. I know who you are and I know where you live.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2005 :  03:22:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Susan B,
It is difficult to stop doing something that has not started. I have not 'picked on you' and have no interest in so doing. Sometimes British humour fails to make it across the water and vice versa. Malice was NEVER intended and should not be construed. I apologise nonetheless as you seem to have mistakenly interpreted my single post in that way. Thank you very much for taking such a keen interest in myself and my whereabouts. Please also accept my apologies for not reciprocating.
Everybodys gotta live, as Arthur sings. The wearing of underwear in Scotland, England and, I believe, the United States of America, is, however, optional, unless someone assures me otherwise. I hope that this news does not come as a shock to anyone. What's the current situation in Denmark, Torben?

Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2005 :  09:00:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure who is joking and who is serious..I thought Susan's post about Mike 'picking on her' was in 'jest' too???

As for underwear, this hot weather????
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2005 :  11:11:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I say, Caryne, steady on! I'm trying to eat my breakfast. I guess we must reluctantly accept that some humour cannot always swim, and at best makes it to the other side without all it's component letters. Poor 'u'.
Question: Are midges the frugal kilt-wearing Scotsman's equivalent of vacuum pumps, and is the skirl of the pipes the music of the soul created as a consequence?
Second thoughts, they'd probably stop flying in the dark. After gassing, they could be scraped off and used as a vitamin supplement in the porridge.

Oops, I guess I've 'blown it' with Keith now, too. B****r. Sorry.
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2005 :  09:07:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I think that sometimes American humor is lost in translation. Here we would say that butter couldn't melt in her mouth. Sneaky woman description. Everybody thinks this woman is totally innocent. I just want to know what you meant about butter and the face. I do love the British Sence of humor (more than American). Kind of caustic and secretive. People believed me and I had to tone it down. Too many hurt feelings
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2005 :  09:12:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only men trying to get out of the service or transvites wear skirts here. Could you see George W. in a kilt? What about Clinton? The best would have been Tricky Dick Nixon.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 20/07/2005 :  20:17:32  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, I don't know, I'm sure Bill Clinton in a kilt would have saved some people a lot of hassle
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2005 :  01:36:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Susan,
Please rest assured that had the 'butter' sentence been written in longhand, it would have ended in the word 'mouth', as it does in your country. The shorthand version is common parlance in my part of this country, but the invisible end-word is always as stated. I realise that the robust humour of my household and aquaintances may be too much for those with more delicate sensibilities, particularily when there is no visual contact to affirm its levity. I have already apologised, meant it, and still do. Invisible handshake?
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2005 :  10:48:22  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
ooh caryne you are awful

could be my little mind of course

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 21/07/2005 :  14:45:57  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lizzyb

ooh caryne you are awful

could be my little mind of course

Keep on shining

I thought of posting more comments about kilts but decided best not to

Hope you ok Lizzy? Great to have you back here posting.
Go to Top of Page

MikeP
Fifth Love

406 Posts

Posted - 22/07/2005 :  01:49:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lizzy,
Hope you're no longer out of kilter, OK?

Keep on tapping
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page