Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2013 :  16:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. Michael has said many times that it was AND is an honor to have been a part of Love and to have recorded FC with Arthur.

Michael just hears all the limits of that 8 track process--it just grates; and it was not possible for Arthur & Bruce to tweak it just a bit more to his satisfaction--the bass and drums were on the same track and there was no way to make any adjustments! Arthur even admitted (later) the mix could have been better, but just couldn't be done. Too many overdubs and they needed that last track for the strings!

But it's not unusual for artists to be unable to listen, or view, their works.

Gene Clark, on the other hand, would drive his wife nuts by listening to his latest album day & night! He had no trouble wanting to hear his "baby" over and over. I love Gene!

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2013 :  21:01:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lk..we must've been on the same track here today!
Well I just went out to a record store and picked up the 180 gram Love album "cut from the original analog master". Not sure if anybody has heard it yet (did you or perhaps Michael or Johnny?). I'm curious now how it will sound. Engineer was Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. They appear to be pretty professional. Hey now should I open it?? This thing is like a reverential object if you get the drift ...Consensus??...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/03/2013 :  21:37:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

lk..we must've been on the same track here today!
Well I just went out to a record store and picked up the 180 gram Love album "cut from the original analog master". Not sure if anybody has heard it yet (did you or perhaps Michael or Johnny?). I'm curious now how it will sound. Engineer was Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering. They appear to be pretty professional. Hey now should I open it?? This thing is like a reverential object if you get the drift ...Consensus??...

Had not heard of this pressing! I would take a thin blade and carefully slit the shrink only one the side where the record slides out (stickers on the shrink increase value). Of course I would get a heavy record sleeve protector too from you local record shop.

Rarely, the shrink is so tight it "bends" or warps the record jacket over time, so your judgement there; but I usually try to save the shrink & not just rip it off. If you remove the shrink, get a protective sleeve cover for sure.

ENJOY! It must sound great! Is this the first Love album? Which?

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page