Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 BEST Mix of Forever Changes....??!! Is this it?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 23/07/2012 :  18:26:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a friend who always said that he just wished the producer had just done a better mix on Forever Changes--we all know the limitations they faced, now...he was always wanting to turn up the various channels to bring out the drums, or bass or whatever...and couldn't get there. We know Michael felt the same way!

There have been various releases on vinyl, cassette & CD, but which is the best in your opinion...a comparison so to speak.

I think every one wants the intro for "alone Again Or" to be louder...on first listen.

I was recently listening to a youtube full album play and with my SONY headphones this is as good a mix as I've heard. I wonder which release this was?

I hear a rap (for the first time) at the end of "A House Is Not A Motel" that I swear I've never heard with such clarity and really not at all mostly, as it's so low on my own CDs and LPs.

Play this youtube -FULL ALBUM PLAY- you can go to the second track at 3:17 ...listen to the end and tell me what you think.
Have I just missed this or is this a great mix with the bass and drums and all really up front like no other?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qInF7WKOz4c

Cheers and please...share your input!

HIGH ALL THE TIME...
-Mad River
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0PCzH-K1hg

Edited by - lemonade kid on 23/07/2012 18:32:06
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page