Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General Discussions about Arthur Lee and Love
 Recent autographs on old LPs, etc--devalues?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  21:59:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have seen many old, or classic, DOORS LPs etc that have been signed more recently by the surviving members--long after a leader had passed.

Do you feel that a "sig" by Ray or Robbie or John devalues a really rare artifact such as a MONO first pressing LP of The DOORS s/t--getting something signed at a more recent concert or promo appearance?

The only Love item that I feel certainly increased in value with a later sig was by the MAN himself in the 80's...Arthur signed my Da Capo CD. Michael too, but that is sentimental for me.

I have read posts here by some who wished they had never had a band member, and such, sign their treasured collectables.

Personally, I have wondered about getting Michael Stuart-Ware to sign my first press vinyl Forever Changes. As Michael is a friend, it would make it special in some ways for me...but I don't know....what do you think, Torben...valued members?

Maybe the few surviving members of the original Love (only Johnny Echols & Michael...geese, sorry I forgot Snoopy) would be more special & add value, as they aren't out there still "selling their souls" for money.

What are your thoughts, forum collectors?

Edited by - lemonade kid on 10/09/2011 22:01:46

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2011 :  23:03:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

These must be wonderful to have, LK. The only autogaphs I have are those from a handful of authors. To my mind, they definitely add to the meaning and enjoyment of whatever it is, be it record or book.
Go to Top of Page

underture
Fifth Love

482 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  13:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have any vintage LoVE material, but if I did I would not hesitate for a moment to have Johnny, Michael or even Snoopy sign. I would never give these items up and after I pass I don't think I'll care what happens to them.

You Set The Scene
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page