Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  04:22:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bye the Enemy! Bye!!

In the long tradition of Evil you're just gone and buried and creating nothing lasting

Just a passing Shadow (in the line of Melkor, Sauron the Maiar, etc

captain america and billy
Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  15:32:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bin Laden's demise was of course a major strategic victory in the war on terror,but these celebrations in the streets of the nation are greatly trivializing the causes,operations,and outcomes of war.This is NOT the Stanley Cup finals,friends.This is a very serious game of terror whose retributions must come in the resulting of further horror and bloodshed just as the acts that inititated the conflict in the first place.Many innocents have and will continue to perish.In the aftermath of this crucial development,American military operatives and citizens alike still remain behind in the score.The enemy's primary objective here has been to disrupt our western ways of life as much as they can.The fear and paranoia generated by 9/11 and terrorist acts before and attempts since provide ample evidence that in the big picture,we are far from our desired outcome.To eradicate any and all major threats against the standards of living in this hemisphere as well as threats against any intercontinental allies.we still need to keep vigilance and our fighting boys still need to keep their heads down and maintain high focus.This was a battle.The war wages on.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  16:25:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yeah I'm happy too. Gonna head to Ground Zero over the next few days I'm sure
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2011 :  22:18:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My sentiments exactly, capt'.

Dancing in the streets over anyone's death is something I thought was reserved for Third World countries and dictatorships.

He needed to be caught, yes....but this is a solemn moment--light some candles in memory of 9/11.

...but then I saw mostly KIDS dancing in the streets. Just another excuse to party at midnight...what more should we expect from a generation numbed to death and killing a la all those video games...it's all just another (non)reality show to them.

It's a different World...guess I must get used to it and be Forever Changed.

STONED
I AM
-iconic 60's button

Edited by - lemonade kid on 03/05/2011 22:20:39
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  00:49:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its a good thing hes dead

You guys don't live near New York City and weren't directly affected by all this. I adore Manhattan, and to be walking around Grand Central with all these pictures of the missing

Everything just shut down here

I have no problem with these people at the capital celebrating this guy being taken out.

I know its morbid but you can't understand what its like to have been living in the area at the time. Everything literally shut down and you'd be seeing candles being lit and memorials at the shopping malls

I'll try to post some video over the next few days of Ground Zero and interviews there; its NOT a party atmosphere there, but lets be honest here: Theres such a sense of relief that this guy is no longer around!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  14:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You know when you think about it 3000 died because of him around here. That day I'll never forget. Now that he's gone the mice'll play. I hope we just don't get any more devastation here or anywhere else.
Go to Top of Page

Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  16:17:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Of course there's the cynical tv news industry.Just as outlined in Don Henley's "Dirty LAundry" they can't wait for anything related to the story to crop up just so each network and all the independent stations across America can claim bragging rights to having presented the best show built around it.Now its the controversey surrounding the death photos.I agree,the issue is legitimate news,but I'm seeing it delivered with all the sensitivity of TMZ filling us in on the most recent Lindsay Lohan scandal.And have you seen some of these disgustingly pompous promos for the local news."Oh yeah we're the ones to watch to see a really good show about misery"One time recently,a local broadcast here in Boston was going to commercial break and the anchor actually said,dig this,"Coming up next on our SHOW!"SHOW?!My dear firends in the electronic media,this is NOT a SHOW!For years I have been witnessing this appalling persepective I have seen eminating from my t.v. screen and now one of them has actually done it.They're actually calling it a SHOW!If I see one word of recent developments in the area of terror on the front page of Enquirer,well I guess that would serve as death knell for professional discretion in the telejournalism industry as we know it. Any wagers on how long this one will take?

Edited by - captain america and billy on 04/05/2011 16:18:15
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2011 :  23:36:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
unbelievable what happened; hopefully it'll only be a one-off

love what the Onion has been writing about the death - Violent Death Of Human Being Terrific News For Once

they were the ones to make the most sense after 9/11, talking about the hijackers surprised to find themselves in hell, and so forth

You hope that something good can come of all this, and all those poor souls consigned to death, flinging themselves out the window in order to escape
Go to Top of Page

Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  15:28:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At least one good thing that certainly SHOULD come of this is hopefully some greatly heightened skepticism about the establishment imposed notion that our government is perpetually administered by exceedingly competent and thoroughly earnest officials.While the Bush possy was hard at work keeping an eye on their business interests,some of which included involvement of the Bin Laden family,close to nothing was done with the intelligence information brought to their attention concerning the looming threat of a homeland attack.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2011 :  22:52:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just stop
Go to Top of Page

Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2011 :  18:39:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry about that.Sometimes my emotions bout these kinds of things get a little ahead of me .Now,a little more simply with a bit less of a degree of fatalistic angst. War bad,peace good.People first,money,well maybe not second,but later.
Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  00:37:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If ever emotions should take over, this would be it. Yes i do believe in celebrating this one, the only one comparable would be Hitler, way before our time.
Go to Top of Page

Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  00:51:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gotta say this.This Al Queda thing is actually more potentially dangerous than the Third Reich,which at least had some sort of centrilization.You don't know where THESE characters might come out of.Hell,there's even serious threat of homegrown terrorism from some who don't necessarily side with the Muslim extremists,but watch the nightly network news and discover new ideas about how to express their sociopathy.You knew where Hitler and his resources were for the most part and a little intelligence here and there put together most of the rest of it probably without nearly the effort it could potentially take today to thwart an Al-Queda plot.These frigen guys are in much smaller cells all over the damn world!PAIN IN THE ASS!We WILL,however,prevail.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  01:13:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
'Far above the Ephal Duath in the west, the night-sky was still dim and pale. There, peeping among the cloud-wrack above a dark tor high up in the mountains, Sam saw a white star twinkle for a while. The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear an cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty forever beyond its reach.'

J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  14:05:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nice prose there from JRR. Good to see some "light." From my point of view, it seems the shadows indeed are over the lands. Artur was so right man. All he wanted was freedom. If you take a look around the world the despots want none of it.
Go to Top of Page

Old Love

907 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2011 :  15:45:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Problem is,the extremists idea of personal freedom is the apparently the liberating sensation they get when they know they have the power to create fear and therefore psychologically manipulate other people.All this bloodshed is just sheer needless psychopathy.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page