New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snotcake
First Love

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  03:59:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...when I first read Mikes last 3 diary entries since the fateful gig (before catching up with the messageboard), my interpretation was that something had gone awry but his loyalty remained to the band, "the singer" and genuine fans.

His anger seemed to be directed at those ready to pounce on (their perception of) a crisis and make it worse. I felt he was distressed at
the fickleness of some contributers in view of their willingness to comment on issues when they clearly were not in possession of all the facts.

I wasn't there at the gig but that was how I read the entries. I was particularly encouraged by the prospect of seeing Baby Lemonade next year with "one or two special guests" ie Arthur Lee and Johnny Echols.

Got to confess when I subsequently logged onto the board I was shocked to see that some had the band split and Arthur ready to pop it. The gig and Arthur obviously weren't the best and Mike's entry of the 21st was subsequently a bit melancholy, but surely ludicrously misinterpreted?

I could be being thick or perhaps wildly optimistic, or did anyone else get that first impression...?

brian

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2005 :  13:29:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi snotcake.....welcome to the wonderful wacky rollercoaster world of Arthur Lee and Love, the best band in the world! You are in for a great ride! Hopefully!!!
Go to Top of Page

snotcake
First Love

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  00:15:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wise Old Man.

Yep! look forward to seeing the band this year cresting the peak.

brian
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page