What is Arthur up to at the moment?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2004 :  19:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the faintest idea? There seems to be a general dearth of news and Mike never mentions Arthur in his diaries. Does anyone out there know anything??

Yours in hope

Tina

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 30/11/2004 :  14:42:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tina-I've often wondered what Arthur does when he's not gigging. I'm hoping he's spending a lot of time with Johnny perhaps penning some new material.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  03:22:52  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Allan- yeah! well...i hope and pray that Arthur and LOVE release that new official album of new songs soon!!!!! with Johnny Echols would be so good! back together again as member of LOVE!!! on the next studio record. this would be the first official LOVE WITH ARTHUR LEE album of the new stuff in a LONG TIME! maybe even a group photo shot to really make it GOOOOD!!! but , i do want them to really not rush it out before it is has reached its time. they have toured a lot , and need the time to do this right. on THEIR time. at least i have something to look foreward to in music releases!
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  18:23:08  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just spoke with Arthur, he's gratified to know that so many of you want to know how he's doing. He's looking forward to his gig this month at the Coach House in San Juan Capistrano. He didn't really know the specifics of any gigs after that, he said Daddy-O was the one to ask. We mainly talked about his new pitbull which seems to be more work than he bargained for. He offered it to me, but I declined. Anybody out there want to take it off his hands?
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  19:21:46  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the news Jazmaan, much appreciated. No thanks re the pitbull however - I don't think my cats would be very impressed.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  21:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
jazmaan-thanks for your reply!! Do you think you might be able to get Arthur interested in this Messageboard or even Chat? Rumor has it that Johnny has chimed in here recently, but that's still 'unconfirmed'. You might want to mention that the members here are Arthur's true blue supporters. We'd LOVE to have him . Please try jazmaan.

P.S.-How could one get in touch with Daddy-O? You can e-mail me privately with this

Edited by - Allan on 01/12/2004 21:20:08
Go to Top of Page

LarryNYC
Fifth Love

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2004 :  21:56:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I'll be doggone !
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2004 :  01:18:11  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Nope, there's no chance of Arthur getting online. He's not into computers. He's aware of the fact that he has a website, but I don't think he's actually seen it more than once or twice in the last two or three years.

Go to Top of Page

ladylove
Fifth Love

276 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  00:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Any news as to whether Johnny will be at the Coach House gig?
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2004 :  20:07:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the update Jazmaan - good to know he's looking forwad to the next gig - let's hope there'll be some more next year.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

caryl
Second Love

USA
38 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2004 :  02:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think to have some new music from Arthur (and others) would be great!
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2004 :  18:28:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My brother's band oprned for Canned Heat on Saturday and I went to check it out. Their manager is Skip Taylor who used to manage Arthur and stays in touch. He said Arthur's head is in the best place it has ever been. He also said that Arthur is one of the greatest musical genieus's of his time.
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 13/12/2004 :  19:10:27  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thats really good news Susan, sounds like Arthur is at peace with himself..
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2004 :  00:40:38  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arthur wants to thank all of his fans and to wish you all

"A brand NEW New Year. Keep on truckin but don't trip. And especially don't trip on ME because I'm gonna be just fine."

He thanks everyone for their prayers but asks you all pray for the tsunami survivors "Because they need those prayers more than I do!"

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2004 :  08:52:13  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jazmaan, your and Arthur's comments certainly put events of the last few weeks in context. Please pass on my best wishes for the New Year to Arthur and let's hope we get to see him in the UK on top form again in 2005.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Tsunami victims and we in the West need to be helping in whatever whatever way we can - the link below leads to a site where UK people can make contributions to the disaster appeal

http://www.dec.org.uk/

Happy New Year, Love and Peace to everyone wherever / whoever you may be.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page