1965 Love Photo
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ryan
First Love

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2004 :  19:04:13  Show Profile  Visit ryan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I received a copy of the book "Hippie" by Barry Miles as a Christmas gift. It has many photos of bands from the 60's such as The Dead, Airplane, Byrds, Stones, Beatles, Doors, Pink Floyd, and other lesser-knowns but, the highlight for me is an 11 1/2" x 16" B/W close-up photo of Arthur Lee, Bryan Maclean, and Ken Forssi from a 1965 performance or rehearsal. You rarely see a photo of the band from this era with their instruments. Arthur is playing what appears to be a Rickenbacker 360 6-string. Bryan has a Gibson Barney Kessel like the one used by Gene Cornish of The Young Rascals. Ken is playing a violin-shaped hollowbody bass similar to Paul McCartney's Hofner but, most likely an Italian-made Eko judging by the scrolled headstock. Also visible is an amplifier, possibly a Standel, and part of the drumset which I would guess to be Ludwig. There is also a full-page copy of the band on the spiral staircase color publicity photo and a reproduction of the Forever Changes album cover with assorted commentary. If anyone knows of any other vintage Love performance photos or video I'd like to know about it. Thanks

The Freedom Man
Old Love

Netherlands
553 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2004 :  20:38:06  Show Profile  Visit The Freedom Man's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can you make a scan of the pic and post it?Or e-mail me if you like...

Cheers,
Ed

http://www.thefreedomman.com
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2004 :  23:09:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
a brilliant book indeed,i've had a copy for a few months now.HMV were selling it for £8.99 which is the cheapest i've seen, i fully recommend it to all.
love & light jim.
Go to Top of Page

Susan B.
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 28/12/2004 :  23:55:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That book is totally cool. It is eye candy for the sixties. Everyone looked so cool back then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page