Plus ca change...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2004 :  19:09:29  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
http://www.paul.camyouths.com/am/feature2.htm br /

Myself personally, I try to keep well away from traffic accidents - I've done too many miles on the road and know it could happen to any one of us at any time...

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 22/12/2004 :  20:14:45  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
I've been thinking a bit more, realise my post above is rather terse.

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose
Everything changes, everything stays the same
Forever Changes...

My initial reaction was not to post at all on this topic - Mike's analogy of a car accident in his diary is a good one, they attract people who stand round ghoullishly waiting for something to happen, a death or a severed limb or something equally gruesome.

Why did anyone think for even a second that Arthur's basic personality was going to change because he's older /has had a modicum of success recently /has been hanging out with a bunch of really nice guys / you choose your own reason? He was fantastically volatile back in the 60s by all reports, he was in 1995 according to the clip above, he still is now. Its part of what I, and I imagine a lot of other Love fans, find so attractive and fascinating about him, the fact that he's unpredictable and a bit dangerous. There's an old saying about there being a fine line between genius and lunacy (or was that a fine line between love and hate - whatever!). Lets just leave him alone and hope he sorts himself out - only he can do anything about altering his behaviour patterns, the only thing other people can hope to do is influence him in some way, and my guess is he's not really into listening at the moment.

Here endeth the first lesson.
Go to Top of Page

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2004 :  13:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
sorry, I missed this one earlier - nice link, and i agree with your comments
hey hey, goes on

Keep on shining
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 29/12/2004 :  16:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tina - you've summed it up beautifully! Part of the reason I love Love and Arthur is because of the way he is. If he was predictable he wouldn't be the musical genius that he is.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page