Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2010 :  20:35:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
so how often do people on this board listen to this album anyway?

I haven't listened to it for MONTHS, which feels very long, except I've been listening to said album for over 20 years (!)

I don't think I could ever tire of it, personally.

dyecraig
Fourth Love

USA
203 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  03:29:14  Show Profile  Visit dyecraig's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Probably once or twice a month, but I mix it up with the live cd/dvd and the alternate mix to keep it fresh. Even listening to the original, I hear new things everytime.
Go to Top of Page

Ruckus
Second Love

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  09:15:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its in my car cd player right now, but yeah, Its been a couple months, BUT I have thrown on the DVD a few times in between. The New Rose LP has been getting alot of play too.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  14:56:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not sure about anybody else but I have always have a bunch of cd's around my system that I play very much..the group gets rotated at times but FC is is usually there ready to be put on..maybe a single selection, maybe a side and that would be it... .....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  18:51:51  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
well... I've played it since 1967...on and off ...always as a special event...and more recently in the last few years, about every few months or so. It gets even better each time.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  21:20:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I mostly rotate the first three LPs, with FC getting the most play.
Never more than a month or two between plays.

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2010 :  22:45:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll probably listen to it for the first time in months (!) (but then again I'm looking for a job in Manhattan, which is tiring as it sounds..

might listen to "Revelation" as well - haven't listened to THAT in years, either in mono OR stereo

how are people liking Love Lost? I've only listened to it a couple times thru so I can't comment
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  01:36:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

I'll probably listen to it for the first time in months (!) (but then again I'm looking for a job in Manhattan, which is tiring as it sounds..

might listen to "Revelation" as well - haven't listened to THAT in years, either in mono OR stereo

how are people liking Love Lost? I've only listened to it a couple times thru so I can't comment

I actually have grown to love Revelation especially on mono...
it is great work music in my studio.

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  07:51:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Its only one chord!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  09:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last night I listened to Listen to My Song and Your Mind and We on the 'Live Changes' album. I remember thinking around the time of Vindicator, that Arthur had somehow lost the ability to sing like that....but I should have known better. Great orchestration as well on the first track......in fact to echo the theme from another thread......best live album ever!

Edited by - John9 on 21/01/2010 09:15:04
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  14:44:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't recall ever asking this question before but do you know why you like the record so much???? What is it about the record that makes it so so unique? My hunch is we all have a very personal association with that originally black piece of vinyl. For me, I'm just amazed at the randomness of it all. I just bought it from a cut-out bin in a small record shop. The cover intrigued me so I plopped down 2 or 3 bucks. The first few plays..not so good. The next few..well. The next few...we're onto something here. The next few ..history and like for many of you here an integral soundtrack for our lives. Go figure...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  15:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
really really good songs

all together now:

"At my house I've got no shackles you can come and look if you want to "

Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2010 :  16:47:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same as you. rocker....so-so at first listen, but it kept me
coming back.
It goes as deep in me as any album ever has...and still does....on
so many levels. and there is still something new each time,
because each day there is something new in my life. it is
THE soundtrack, rocker.

And of course, it's the music, Joe.

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  01:34:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I listen mostly to Love Story, just for variety. Lately its been Willow Willow, I'll Pray For you and Always See your Face.
Always nice.
Go to Top of Page

jayson_valentine
Third Love

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  02:10:35  Show Profile  Visit jayson_valentine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I at least listen to one song off the album a day. I listen to the whole thing from time to time, usually when going to bed.

Edited by - jayson_valentine on 22/01/2010 02:11:03
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2010 :  03:34:26  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
The album transports me back to 1967 where me and friends gathered and tripped out and discussed the lyrics. To me , "Forever Changes" is a time machine. WE knew it was special in 1967. It was OUR album of choice. In OUR home-town! It was also loved in England, and other countries, too . It was a very underground radio hit, yet to be discovered by the less adventurist psychrockers. The Seeds, Turtles, Byrds, Leaves, Doors, were all getting air-play on KRLA, KHJ, KFWB, along with LOVE's earlier stuff here in L.A. But when Forever Changes came out, it flipped us out, and I guess the radio format world, too. I was loving the Beatles and Buffalo Springfield and the Kinks , and when Forever Changes came.....yikes! there was a whole new vibe!
and lyrics were important again to me, as far as skratching my head!
me and my friends were staying up all night in 1967 listening to "You set the scene"(ok....yes there were better things to do, but I confess!), and discussing it.
The album is special to me , and still is magical, moving, and GOOD.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page