fpunk
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  22:01:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:
Originally posted by fpunk

Hi again, Caryne...and hello Mikeb & Boombox...

The dimeadozen suggestion was an excellent one. I found New Guy there, although haven't yet had the time to drop him a note. But once again I really appreciate the help. I'm sure like many of you here, I get a bit obsessed with filling the gaps in my collection. The detective work can be fun, and I suppose that's part of the joy of being a music fan. A few years ago I focused my laser beam on Gene Clark's recordings, and after that it was Lee Hazlewood. The only downside to being such a music hound is that my loved ones--who don't always share my deep affection for the minutia of certain artists--have to hear way more of my favorite music than is fair. That said, I did once catch the sound of my spouse whistling "Alone Again Or" in the shower. :)

Glad to hear you are a fan of the late, very wonderful, Lee Hazlewood, he was a genius and simply not mentioned enough here. Did you get anywhere buying 'Girl on Fire' from that site I suggested?

Caryne...I just ordered a copy of 'Girl On Fire', so big thanks for the Discog suggestion. As for Hazlewood, he really was something else. If you ever want any of his stuff, just let me know. Also, glad to see TheNewGuy here. Great Arthur Lee & Love concerts he's been offering on dime, so I've dropped him a note there per your suggestion. It's so nice to be among fellow Love fans.

Signed
M.C. :)
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2010 :  23:38:53  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:

Hi again, Caryne...and hello Mikeb & Boombox...

The dimeadozen suggestion was an excellent one. I found New Guy there, although haven't yet had the time to drop him a note. But once again I really appreciate the help. I'm sure like many of you here, I get a bit obsessed with filling the gaps in my collection. The detective work can be fun, and I suppose that's part of the joy of being a music fan. A few years ago I focused my laser beam on Gene Clark's recordings, and after that it was Lee Hazlewood. The only downside to being such a music hound is that my loved ones--who don't always share my deep affection for the minutia of certain artists--have to hear way more of my favorite music than is fair. That said, I did once catch the sound of my spouse whistling "Alone Again Or" in the shower. :)

Glad to hear you are a fan of the late, very wonderful, Lee Hazlewood, he was a genius and simply not mentioned enough here. Did you get anywhere buying 'Girl on Fire' from that site I suggested?

Caryne...I just ordered a copy of 'Girl On Fire', so big thanks for the Discog suggestion. As for Hazlewood, he really was something else. If you ever want any of his stuff, just let me know. Also, glad to see TheNewGuy here. Great Arthur Lee & Love concerts he's been offering on dime, so I've dropped him a note there per your suggestion. It's so nice to be among fellow Love fans.

Signed
M.C. :)

Glad you got yourself sorted out. Thanks for the Hazlewood offer but I've pretty much got all his albums and was lucky enough to see him live a few times so I'm happy enough with all that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page