Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

fpunk
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  22:54:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here, and let everyone know how glad I am to be among fellow Arthur Lee/Love appreciators. I wouldn't have stumbled across this message board had I not been look to fill some gaps in my Arthur Lee collection. In any case, I look forward to reading and learning more about one of my favorite bands and musicians. And if anyone here knows where I can track down a copy of the "Love on Earth Must Be" EP or "Girl on Fire," I'd be most grateful for any help.

Thanks, M.C.

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  23:20:20  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fpunk

Hi,

I just wanted to introduce myself as a new member here, and let everyone know how glad I am to be among fellow Arthur Lee/Love appreciators. I wouldn't have stumbled across this message board had I not been look to fill some gaps in my Arthur Lee collection. In any case, I look forward to reading and learning more about one of my favorite bands and musicians. And if anyone here knows where I can track down a copy of the "Love on Earth Must Be" EP or "Girl on Fire," I'd be most grateful for any help.

Thanks, M.C.

Hello,

Good to meet you. You may be able to get a copy here of 'Girl on Fire'
http://www.discogs.com/sell/item/12823905?ev=bp_titl

'Love on Earth Must Be' was a CDR, have you tried 'The New Guy' (you'll find him on the members list here) to see if he still has any copies?

Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

fpunk
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  23:27:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, Caryne...nice to meet you too. I'll definitely check with discogs, and The New Guy. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2010 :  23:31:01  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi, Caryne...nice to meet you too. I'll definitely check with discogs, and The New Guy. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Just checked and it seems Nick (The New Guy) doesn't have any contact details listed on here but I'm sure there must be someone on here who has contact details for him? Fingers crossed for you.
Go to Top of Page

boombox
Old Love

United Kingdom
548 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  14:41:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

quote:

Just checked and it seems Nick (The New Guy) doesn't have any contact details listed on here but I'm sure there must be someone on here who has contact details for him? Fingers crossed for you.

I'll try sending him a PM via dimeadozen, where he's recently offered up some unheard Love shows again.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  15:16:36  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by boombox

quote:

quote:

I'll try sending him a PM via dimeadozen, where he's recently offered up some unheard Love shows again.

What is dimeadozen? I've searched online and all I can find is this..

http://www.dimeadozen.myeweb.net/moreinfo.html

I'm not sure Nick is now doing 'buttock enhancement'?????
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  16:45:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a bittorrent site:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/

Only seeds material that has not been officially released so it's mostly live shows, if artists don't want their recordings shared they can contact them and they put them on their list of not allowed artists.

There's a cap on the number of accounts they host but they are pretty good at deleting inactive ones, took me IIRC three visits one day until I found registrations were open.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  17:24:03  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

It's a bittorrent site:
http://www.dimeadozen.org/

Only seeds material that has not been officially released so it's mostly live shows, if artists don't want their recordings shared they can contact them and they put them on their list of not allowed artists.

There's a cap on the number of accounts they host but they are pretty good at deleting inactive ones, took me IIRC three visits one day until I found registrations were open.

I did find the site in the end but, as I never download anything, it's not of any interest to me. The NewGuy (Nick) is on there though so our original poster should be able to message him through there, there's no problem registering as I did it just now.

I was wondering though, as you say artists can get their stuff taken off if they don't approve, how it works with dead artists who, obviously, won't be able to do that?
Go to Top of Page

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  18:34:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I was wondering though, as you say artists can get their stuff taken off if they don't approve, how it works with dead artists who, obviously, won't be able to do that?

Hank Williams Sr and Frank Sinatra are on their list of not allowed artists. I would guess whoever has rights to their overall catalogue will have contacted them. There's probably commercial mileage in any unreleased material those two artists have. There won't be as much around as with current bands who tour regularly.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  20:25:16  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

quote:

Hank Williams Sr and Frank Sinatra are on their list of not allowed artists. I would guess whoever has rights to their overall catalogue will have contacted them. There's probably commercial mileage in any unreleased material those two artists have. There won't be as much around as with current bands who tour regularly.

I was really thinking of more recent dead artists, like Arthur, who don't have big labels/organisations behind them to look after their interests now they have gone.
Go to Top of Page

fpunk
First Love

4 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  22:01:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi again, Caryne...and hello Mikeb & Boombox...

The dimeadozen suggestion was an excellent one. I found New Guy there, although haven't yet had the time to drop him a note. But once again I really appreciate the help. I'm sure like many of you here, I get a bit obsessed with filling the gaps in my collection. The detective work can be fun, and I suppose that's part of the joy of being a music fan. A few years ago I focused my laser beam on Gene Clark's recordings, and after that it was Lee Hazlewood. The only downside to being such a music hound is that my loved ones--who don't always share my deep affection for the minutia of certain artists--have to hear way more of my favorite music than is fair. That said, I did once catch the sound of my spouse whistling "Alone Again Or" in the shower. :)
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  23:07:51  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

What the hell is that supposed to mean, Caryne? I work out regularly!
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  23:14:04  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thenewguy

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you look at that site Nick? I know you like your business opportunities but didn't know you'd taken up plastic surgery?
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  23:15:56  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi again, Caryne...and hello Mikeb & Boombox...

The dimeadozen suggestion was an excellent one. I found New Guy there, although haven't yet had the time to drop him a note. But once again I really appreciate the help. I'm sure like many of you here, I get a bit obsessed with filling the gaps in my collection. The detective work can be fun, and I suppose that's part of the joy of being a music fan. A few years ago I focused my laser beam on Gene Clark's recordings, and after that it was Lee Hazlewood. The only downside to being such a music hound is that my loved ones--who don't always share my deep affection for the minutia of certain artists--have to hear way more of my favorite music than is fair. That said, I did once catch the sound of my spouse whistling "Alone Again Or" in the shower. :)

Glad to hear you are a fan of the late, very wonderful, Lee Hazlewood, he was a genius and simply not mentioned enough here. Did you get anywhere buying 'Girl on Fire' from that site I suggested?
Go to Top of Page

thenewguy
Second Love

48 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  23:23:10  Show Profile  Visit thenewguy's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Did you look at that site Nick? I know you like your business opportunities but didn't know you'd taken up plastic surgery?

Weird. No, I didn't look at it. Not sure what it has to do with dimeadozen.org, though. I do wish I had a head for business, however.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2010 :  11:22:17  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Weird. No, I didn't look at it. Not sure what it has to do with dimeadozen.org, though. I do wish I had a head for business, however.

When I first searched 'dimeadozen' on yahoo it was the first thing that came up. I can't really work out why a cosmetic surgery company is called 'Dime a dozen'... that's the weirdest thing
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page