Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  12:19:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I'm still here! Lurking most of the time these days but I do still visit regularly and read the topics with interest. I think Torben does a brilliant job with this message board and it helps to keep the Love alive. It's a very difficult job treading a fine line between censorship and freedom of speech, and I know that from personal experience as I moderate my own message board (totally unrelated to Love). I don't think freedom of speech should be an excuse for being rude, hurtful, or insensitive to the feelings of others - just my opinion.

Yes, I remember the days of the chat room with fondness, Colin is still doing his programmes on Offshore Music Radio and I do the occasional one, always making sure I include a Love track at some point during the show!

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  18:13:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gill, Tina, and Caryne

Miss you all very much. Chat time with with you and everyone else back then was lots of fun

Somehow, I obviously would LOVE to revitalize chat. Torben's already chimed in... it's do-able.

Would like to hear from some more members here on this.

Aake-where are you?

Allan
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 24/10/2009 :  18:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We've also lost more recent friends along the way, of course. I wonder whether Ed The Bear still looks in.......it would be great to hear from him again. I suppose that people leave and people join according to the demands of 'real life'.....the lyrics of Arthur Lee's Time is Like a River come to mind here.

Edited by - John9 on 24/10/2009 19:15:47
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  05:26:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

We've also lost more recent friends along the way, of course. I wonder whether Ed The Bear still looks in.......it would be great to hear from him again. I suppose that people leave and people join according to the demands of 'real life'.....the lyrics of Arthur Lee's Time is Like a River come to mind here.

Right...Ed The Bear, good to hear from LeeRob...but i'm afraid we've lost such fine members as SignedRW for good.

Try to be alive. You will be dead soon enough.
--william saroyan
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  10:49:13  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by John9

Right...Ed The Bear, good to hear from LeeRob...but i'm afraid we've lost such fine members as SignedRW for good.

--william saroyan

People come and go on all forums for all sorts of reasons, I didn't post here, or on any forum, for over a year a while back as I had lots of stuff happening in my life that just meant I didn't have the motivation to post. Just because someone has gone for a long time doesn't mean they will never come back or that they are 'fed up' with the forum, life just gets in the way sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  12:26:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I check in on a regular basis as well, but I do not seem to have a great deal of spare time these days....
Go to Top of Page

smarttim
First Love

14 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  14:43:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Dukie

I hope that you are well - the link is a video of Joe playing a bit of Neil Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaPf2uX0en8

As too the future of this board I think that some people need to mind their "Ps and Qs"!

Love Tim and Joe
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 25/10/2009 :  19:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dukie

I check in on a regular basis as well, but I do not seem to have a great deal of spare time these days....

Hey, Dukie...I have a couple new/old bits of music to send...please send me your addy..I lost it!

--william saroyan
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  14:05:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
After a week away, I've come back to the board and see another 'dust-up' has happened. You know I've enjoyed this board very much and appreciate Torben's time setting all this up. I'd hope that respect ,consideration and interest that evidently goes on here continues. A board is only as viable as the people that are here and I'd think Torben really shouldn't be worried.
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  14:30:52  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

After a week away, I've come back to the board and see another 'dust-up' has happened. You know I've enjoyed this board very much and appreciate Torben's time setting all this up. I'd hope that respect ,consideration and interest that evidently goes on here continues. A board is only as viable as the people that are here and I'd think Torben really shouldn't be worried.

Hope you had a good time away. I think the 'dust up', as you put it, has been sorted now
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:02:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dust-up? Surely not....... not on this board....we're all such friends here!

Edited by - John9 on 26/10/2009 16:03:52
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 26/10/2009 :  16:17:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heh heh..and with that all of a sudden I'm hearing the opening riffs of 'Gimme Shelter'....and the lyrics of ...."to everything turn turn turn"...
Go to Top of Page

jim
Third Love

United Kingdom
90 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  19:59:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi All

I remember the chat days! great times!

Am still about from time to time,due to the amount of travelling i do its difficult to spend much time in front of a PC so apologies

Love to all thos that remember/know me

Kind wishes Jim.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3491 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  03:10:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good old Jim!!

(Why this is so simple a four-year-old child could understand it! Rush out and get me a four-year-old child - I can't make head or tail of it.)
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2009 :  07:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So I missed all the excitement? I don't understand what the controversy is all about.
Where are the posts? Or have they been banned? I respect Mr Scott, it's his board but
why the hub-bub? I've mixed it up with the best of them here when I wasn't fighting and
dying for my country.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page