Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 23/04/2009 :  07:30:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Still.. can't imagine seeing Love WITHOUT Arthur Lee..

my friend Chris was gobsmacked when I told him Love was touring - just asked "How?"

I've already seen Love a dozen times, so I can give this a miss. Waiting for the Church to tour the NY/NJ area in July besides - thats my show for the year!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Weekend
First Love

2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  03:10:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Michael Stuart WILL be performing!

If you are on the East Coast and planning to catch the show, please check out the WOOLY WEEKEND FESTIVAL in MONTREAL where you will see Love with The Electric Prunes, Sky Saxon and... Question Mark and the Mysterians, The Alarm Clocks, The A-Bones, The Gruesomes, The Flakes, The Morlocks, Nagg, Muck and the Mires, The Higher State and so much more!

http://www.teenbeattakeover.com

It's the festival of the summer and the best place to see Johnny and Michael on tour! Don't miss it!!!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Weekend
First Love

2 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  03:14:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rare addition of another original '60s garage group to be announced tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  00:37:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Weekend

Rare addition of another original '60s garage group to be announced tomorrow!

Really?! Can't wait to hear who!

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  08:19:43  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm told by Mike R that MSW is definitely not now performing on the California 66 Revue tour, despite rumours to the contrary.

I'll be posting updates on the Facebook group for the tour whenever there is anything to report.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=86265642408

Love Tina
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2009 :  16:07:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tina

Hi, I'm told by Mike R that MSW is definitely not now performing on the California 66 Revue tour, despite rumours to the contrary.

I'll be posting updates on the Facebook group for the tour whenever there is anything to report.

Love Tina

That's too bad, Tina. The last time Michael emailed me, he was definitely on for the tour.
That has been a week or two, but his having to go back and forth to LA with family matters...just too much on his plate. I would have dearly loved to have seen MSW on the drums with Love one more time. I love his great licks and those rubber arms!!

Thanks for letting us know Tina. Thanks for the facebook link.

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 26/06/2009 :  04:29:18  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
well...Michael is on and off to drum for LOVE, HOPEFULLY on. DAMN! i watched those video clips of his performance from the Whiskey benefit for Arthur. WOW! THE WHOLE BAND WAS RECHARGED!!! what a great drummer he still is!!!
but Sky Saxon is sadly missed. the show must go on, though!
maybe Roky Erickson would be a good choice!

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  18:04:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Should probably cancel the tour if Sky Saxon is DEAD

Might be unseemly

Is Echols doing the vocals with the Love band then? or will they be doing Revelation

Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  20:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The tour is not being cancelled, there are plans to add another act.

Rusty normally does lead vocals since Arthur's sad demise, he's got a great voice. Word is they WILL do Revelation - folks who saw the last UK tour will have already seen / heard it done.

Watch out for further news

http://www.california66revue.com/

RIP Sky Saxon, we'll miss you.

Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2009 :  20:47:40  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
yea....Rusty is good, and, hopefully, Stuart will drum on many songs!
from what i viewed of that Whiskey benefit for Arthur, GOD, with Stuart, Echols, and the band , it's gonna be ROCKIN!
I was at a few shows where "Revelation", was played, and LOVED it!
the spirit of Sky is here....

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  15:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Morris

Should probably cancel the tour if Sky Saxon is DEAD

Might be unseemly

Is Echols doing the vocals with the Love band then? or will they be doing Revelation

They will surely do many a tribute to Sky, but I don't think Sky would want them to cancel!! Rock will live on.....even when the great ones are gone. That's the point of ART.

Yes, Tina...I got my email from the Tour and the show WILL go on!! Rusty does have a wonderful voice. No other band fit Arthur's style after the original Love UNTIL Baby Lem......they are the best....even if we have to (sadly) do without MSW!!

Is Michael still opting out, Tina?

Edited by - lemonade kid on 30/06/2009 15:53:03
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 30/06/2009 :  18:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
As far as I know, LK
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  05:08:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't see how theres gonna be much interest in this tour
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  08:30:50  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
The tour is definitely going ahead, dedicated to the memory of Sky Sunlight Saxon. We're going to have Blues Magoos at the August 6 show, Jerry Miller of Moby Grape for the shows from August 12 to August 18. Others TBA as confirmed.

Joe, why the negative vibe? This is great music that people love to see played live.
Go to Top of Page

Joe Morris
Old Love

3485 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2009 :  04:05:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Love WITHOUT Arthur Lee?

I can't see it

Let it be, you know?

I'd rather see them touring as Baby Lemonade, with special guests Johnny Echols and Michael Stuart-Wade on guitar and drums, respectively

I just can't see too many people heading out to see the band without Arthur. No offense or anything. I've seen Arthur w/ Love (aka Das Daman, Baby Lemonade etc) here in NY since the early 90s (at Tramps Cafe, the Warsaw, Bowery, the Festival Hall)

Best shows I've ever been at period

Can't imagine the tour will do that well without Arthur. Even in a small place like Tramps (RIP) you COULDN'T take your eyes off the fella. Charisma maybe?

Just can't see a Love Band being too successful without Arthur along. I mean, whats the point?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page