Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:11:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Jay Donnellan's comments for the remastered editions of Four Sail and Out Here, he says that he personally, loved Forever Changes and had taken an acoustic guitar to his first Love recording session He also explains how Arthur managed to lose the band an appearance at Woodstock!

Let's face it - artistic genius and commercial savvy very rarely go well together do they? When you read the different accounts of how Arthur managed to lose his deals with Elektra and Blue Thumb - to say nothing of his later labels - you would think that he had been almost willing himself not to have any record contract at all. But somehow, without that particular trait in his personality, I suspect that we might never had had Forever Changes.

Edited by - John9 on 10/03/2009 10:01:24
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  14:34:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kdion...I hear you but I still can't see him getting all the weight on him when the record didn't "sell". Now being in a band requires responsibility. Arthur sure pulled his weight and some but what was going on with the other fellows? Maybe they should've challenged Arthur a bit, no? I'm not expert on group dynamics in the band but I'd suggest that that didn't happen. If you ask me, maybe Hoskyns picked up that guys Hultkran's image of Arthur as prophet and messiah and thinks he can do all and has all the answers. That just can't be the case in my opinion.

Free Arthur and give'em a break Barney!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  14:39:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
john9...

You know I think if art is good it gets out and gets spoken about.
FC ultimately got by with word of mouth so to speak. There was no ad campaign, etc etc to "sell" it. If you ask me it makes Arthur and the band's achievement that much better.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page