Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Three albums & you're on a desert island....!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 19/02/2009 :  18:12:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

and so lk on the Stones..what do u think of High Tide and Green Grass on de island??????...

A nice pick, rocker! Who picked that crazy limit of THREE!!! "Buffalo Springfield Again" for sure!! ....and Pet Sounds!

Well, we book a cruise & fill our steamer trunks with our gotta-have LPs and cross our fingers....we'd have quite a party even if it didn't sink.

I'm adding Nick Drake!! ....for those beautiful breezes and the swaying palms....gulls soaring overhead.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 26/02/2009 18:37:45
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 26/02/2009 :  21:36:29  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i add just one recording: " The Theme From A Summer Place" by Percy Faith. it's personal.
another album i add, snuck in,.. is, " Bakersfield Bound" by Chris Hillman and Herb Pederson. i need pedal steel, and this one has Jay Dee very loud and proud throughout, not just as ambience background. it rocks and makes me happy.

Edited by - bob f. on 26/02/2009 21:58:43
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  13:59:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
b ob..man that's a good record..I played it last week...Bakersfield..lotsa history in that town and the music it engendered...Chris Hillman's work in there reminds me of his "Morning Sky" album which was kind of "bluegrassy". Both evoke a time and a place for me...the music is great!
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  14:02:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
lk..if I'm not mistaken Nick Drake wasn't exactly very popular when he was first heard, right? Like FC, it took awhile before he made his mark.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 27/02/2009 :  17:37:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

lk..if I'm not mistaken Nick Drake wasn't exactly very popular when he was first heard, right? Like FC, it took awhile before he made his mark.

Right, rocker. Didn't sell lps at all. He fought depression and insomnia throughout his life and was unable to perform live much. A tragic life for a gifted artist. Died so young. It took almost 30 years after his death and a VW commercial to really get him out there. Ironic. But he was always a huge influence on his peers and what a wonderful songwriter & vocalist. Not to mention his great guitar work with all those unusual open tunings.

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  17:11:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I gonna have to have Nick Drake & Fairport Convention, but which....?
Holidays seems to be my fave right now & Nick's Bryter Layter...
Today!!

Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page