Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 All The Rest
 General discussions about music
 Three albums & you're on a desert island....!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  18:03:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So you're marooned on a desert island--- which three albums would you choose.....of course, you have unlimited power and a super TT and someone nice to share it with.
(Thanks to John9 for getting this so often asked question back in my head and now here!)

Forever Changes
Blonde On Blonde
Music From Big Pink ....Got my shades! Fire up the TT.

I'll change my mind tomorrow, but if it happened today, I would be happy.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 01/02/2009 18:04:35

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  19:08:06  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
forever changes
blonde on blonde
rubber soul

...what the world needs now...

Edited by - bob f. on 01/02/2009 19:19:10
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  19:31:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

forever changes
blonde on blonde
rubber soul

Nice, bob, we think alike. I couldn't make up my mind between "Rubber Soul" and "Revolver" so I went with "Big Pink", if you can call that a compromise. You kind of got this started too, bob, with your "Ladies Of The Canyon" post. Thanks to you too. I wanted Laura Nyro in there too but, well, three is three!

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  23:47:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Let's assume for the moment that Forever Changes is already on the island. My three then would be:

Blue
The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Rubber Soul
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  02:48:08  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
thanx, john! since we have only 3 choices, i left out " The Notorious Byrd Brothers", which is in my top 4 somewhere! GOD! THIS is up there as a magic album! especially, " Goin' back" always puts a lump im my throat!

Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  16:44:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

Let's assume for the moment that Forever Changes is already on the island. My three then would be:

Blue
The Notorious Byrd Brothers
Rubber Soul

Whoa...a Forever Changes Island......of course!! "Notorious..." is tops for me too, guys!!!
......but just to add something new, today I'd add......

"Electric Ladyland" ...........for my trippy dayz or those bright starry nights when there are more stars in the sky than seems possible.

Someone pick "SF Sorrow" for me please. You know if we all get marooned on the same island we'd have a pretty nice collection by the time we're done!!

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  00:48:51  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
like in a Twilight Zone episode we would have our wish of all those great albums on the Island....with no turntable!
we'd have to make some kind of Flintstones device of a big old sea-shell speaker and some seagulls running on a treadmill for power!

Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  14:34:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
man this is tough!....what do you pick on? the songs? the feelings the songs engender? the times they connote????..
Anyway so with Fc...

The red album..Beatles..the "hits"...keeps you reelin' and a rockin'
For some variaton..handel's concertos..I've always thought he was a rocker's classical composer...
And the Byrds tunes..mr. Tambourine Man, Turn Turn Turn , Goin' back! and My Back Pages..but I'll have to cheat a bit..I'll probably sneak on some Irish ceili stuff.....for the parties.....
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2009 :  14:55:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you guys went to Blonde on Blonde, I thought I'd revisit it since I haven't heard some of the tunes in a while...well...all I can say is that Dylan hit the heights there...I was just struck listening to "Sad Eyed Lady"... great choice...then from there I went to Lily, Rosemary and the Jack of Hearts!
Go to Top of Page

ed the bear
Fourth Love

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  06:09:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

like in a Twilight Zone episode we would have our wish of all those great albums on the Island....with no turntable!
we'd have to make some kind of Flintstones device of a big old sea-shell speaker and some seagulls running on a treadmill for power!

It's worse than that. The albums are on CD!!!
Time to start building that raft.
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  23:18:33  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
OH NO! i have the only copy of Beach Boys' "Smile" that Brian Wilson secretly pressed on vinyle. and the secret Johnny Echols Project recorded after F.C. in 1967 with Arthur Lee and Bryan Maclean, and the mythical lost Beatles album recorded at Abbey Road , 1967, after Peppers, and before Mystery Tour, for which Lennon said, "these songs are too good to be released. Man.... we made just one copy, and it's our best music , ever! it's pure magic!" they were on vynle then after i made the sea-shell turntable (a 2 year job!), they turned into CDs! SIHT!!!

Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  15:20:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and speaking of a desert island...I watched the "Castaway" with Tom Hanks....well he wasn't a desert island record aficionado..music wasn't there at all in his head!....at no time....poor guy...he could've hummed "Travelin' Man" or something...
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  22:24:06  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
well, since he was fixated on his Wilson basketball, Hanks coulda sang some Brian Wilson, Jackie Wilson, (Blind Owl) Alan Wilson main song writer of our L.A. brewed Canned Heat! "goin to the country, got to get away!"

Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 13/02/2009 :  21:24:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Listening to "Exile On Main Street"....I told ya I'd change my mind daily. Stones don't get any better than this!!!

Speaking of Hanks...remember Joe & The Volcano? OK, we all get a steamer trunk like Hanks used for a raft. Of course ours has a better load of...LPs, TT & solar battery..... & plenty of Perrier!!

Edited by - lemonade kid on 13/02/2009 21:25:28
Go to Top of Page

jayson_valentine
Third Love

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 16/02/2009 :  11:12:51  Show Profile  Visit jayson_valentine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forever Changes
Benefit - Jethro Tull
Days of Future Passed - The Moody Blues
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 18/02/2009 :  21:19:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
and so lk on the Stones..what do u think of High Tide and Green Grass on de island??????...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page