New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  20:36:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How many watched the swearing in? You all in the UK catch it and elsewhere (Torben?)

As Bush is swept away, Hope is ushered in!!!

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2009 :  20:54:29  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I caught the last few minutes of the speech as I walked in from work. Inspiring stuff from Obama. A poignant moment for me came on BBC news here in the UK when a reporter spoke to an African American lady who had experienced the divisions and the persecution first hand and who had travelled to be at the inauguration. You could see how much it meant to her and it makes you realise how important today was.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  00:11:24  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
i has moist eyeballs, but when Aretha Franklin sang, tears fell.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  17:29:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bob f.

i has moist eyeballs, but when Aretha Franklin sang, tears fell.

...what the world needs now...

You're just an ol' softy, bob!! I welled up when he was just standing in the wings waiting for his entrance. How long since we've had a leader that can identify with the working stiffs, whites, blacks, and as Obama said so well...the yellow man, the red man.....and all peoples of all races and religions (non-religions)!

Hope today. Where there once was none......

Edited by - lemonade kid on 21/01/2009 17:30:47
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2009 :  20:19:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well we can all say we've seen a first in modern history with Obama taking the reins of power. I'd like to think that the US, while it does have its problems, always tries to do better. Obama has a tough job. I think he'll have a long honeymoon with Congress and the electorate because of the situation. Maybe with him at the helm we'll be able to solve some of our most vexing problems, i.e. healthcare and the economy. Let's hope he can.
Go to Top of Page

GreenTea89
First Love

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  22:30:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obama has been getting as lot of critics on ghim, but overall I think he is doing the best anyone could do!

It's only now when words are said that break my heart in two, I wonder how you can endure all I've said, all I say to you.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  04:22:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GreenTea89

Obama has been getting as lot of critics on ghim, but overall I think he is doing the best anyone could do!

It's only now when words are said that break my heart in two, I wonder how you can endure all I've said, all I say to you.

Welcome, greentea89!

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page