Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  07:40:06  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Getting married today!! Caryne has been a real advocate of Love over the years and is one of the leading lights of this board, great to see her own "Love Story" working out so happily.

Have a lovely day and a great time in Cuba.

torben
Fifth Love

Denmark
328 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  08:55:09  Show Profile  Visit torben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also big wishes from me
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  10:38:59  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you so much. I was so touched to receive a message from Johhny (Echols) and Judith on my MySpace today as well, we are so happy. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  16:29:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!!
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  16:38:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Caryne. I wish you both love, happiness, and peace

Allan
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  16:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Peace, love and contentment to you, caryne.
CUBA! That's so cool. We on this side of the water can't travel there. I have a record-store-owner friend who traveled there solely to buy vinyl. He had to travel via Mexico ( a little back door maneuver ) and likely pretty illegal, but he had a fun time.
Cheers.

Edited by - lemonade kid on 14/11/2008 18:50:08
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  22:08:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Caryne, Congratulations, wishing you both all the best!
Go to Top of Page

markk
Old Love

USA
803 Posts

Posted - 14/11/2008 :  23:50:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How very wonderful for you Caryne.
Super congrats
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  04:57:07  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thank you again everyone, we had a fantastic day. Love to everyone xxx
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 15/11/2008 :  15:38:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Many congratulations, Caryne.......and let's hope that Spurs can crown it with a win at Fulham this afternnoon.

cheers, John
Go to Top of Page

undergroundbasement
Third Love

USA
84 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  04:56:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congratulations!

We're all normal...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 17/11/2008 :  14:51:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very nice there caryne..best!...

and john..hey Harry the old pro's doing wonders over there, eh?
Go to Top of Page

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  20:51:42  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just got back from Cuba, it was amazing.... just logging in here while Dave (new husband) is watching Spurs winning again :-)
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2008 :  22:28:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Spurs and Man City both! We won 2-0 in Germany tonight against Schalke....and are now looking forward to the visit of our affectionate neighbours, Man United on Sunday. Welcome back, Caryne.

Edited by - John9 on 27/11/2008 22:39:41
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9873 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  00:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caryne

Just got back from Cuba, it was amazing.... just logging in here while Dave (new husband) is watching Spurs winning again :-)

What kind of sights in Cuba, caryne. Is there a prevalent cuisine in Cuba that stands out?
We here in the US have been so isolated from this fascinating country...the culture, foods & attitudes are of great interest. I'm hopeful that with our new administration, the trade embargoes will ease, along with travel & cultural exchange. But I'll tell you, the Cuban-American culture here is so anti-Cuba & they have a fair amount of political clout, that I fear it will be awhile. Is the atmosphere hopeful there with the election of our new president?

caryne
Old Love

United Kingdom
1520 Posts

Posted - 29/11/2008 :  02:08:04  Show Profile  Visit caryne's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid

quote:
Originally posted by caryne

What kind of sights in Cuba, caryne. Is there a prevalent cuisine in Cuba that stands out?
We here in the US have been so isolated from this fascinating country...the culture, foods & attitudes are of great interest. I'm hopeful that with our new administration, the trade embargoes will ease, along with travel & cultural exchange. But I'll tell you, the Cuban-American culture here is so anti-Cuba & they have a fair amount of political clout, that I fear it will be awhile. Is the atmosphere hopeful there with the election of our new president?

No real 'cuisine' in Cuba, as you know there are all the trade embargoes so food is a bit short. For meat eaters it's chicken or pork, vegetarians get lots of eggs and 'cheese' (though the cheese has no particular type) and vegans (like me) get lots of rice and beans and fruit. It's not a place you go for food

I've always found it strange that the US government is so bothered about a tiny country like Cuba, it's hardly a threat to it!! I think Cuba will be ruined if/when the USA gets it's claws back on it (as they will try to do when Castro dies). At the moment it's a poor country but the free education is superb, all health care is free and everyone has a home and food. Yes, some homes are not that brilliant and some food is rationed but nobody starves or is homeless. I really fear that the USA could try and make it just a 'holiday island' for the rich, as it was before the revolution and that would be awful for the country and the people.

Saying all this, the Cubans are hopeful that Obama has been elected and we spotted a few people with Obama badges on. Bush was, of course, hated by everyone.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page