Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Love / Arthur Lee
 General discussions about music
 Share your favorite "youtube" video.......
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 51

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2013 :  17:11:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good band...I always placed their music as having a "Midwest" affectation (that's coming from a city kid mind you) whereas some other country-rock bands conjured images of being somewhere in the backwoods with moonshine stills nestled in dem thare hills.......
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 24/01/2013 :  17:58:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

Good band...I always placed their music as having a "Midwest" affectation (that's coming from a city kid mind you) whereas some other country-rock bands conjured images of being somewhere in the backwoods with moonshine stills nestled in dem thare hills.......

Richie was an Ohio boy, indeed Midwest.

Old hippies never die, they just ramble on.
-lk
Go to Top of Page

janesi87
First Love

6 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  07:00:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BobbyFischer

Just love this live version of The Brothel!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGcC0ev7Gcs

The Brothel is so cool and i also watch this vesion. The came and everyone enjoyed the songs
Go to Top of Page

DaveyTee
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  11:14:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're currently having a lot of snow in some parts of the UK. Wales has been badly hit, so a team of road gritters have come up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TXBJk5miDDY

Please note that the word "depot" is used in its British English context - it is not a railway station!

DT

But I Can't Understand
Why We Let Someone Else
Rule Our Land
Cap in Hand.
Go to Top of Page

Dukie
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
410 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  13:18:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was filmed not too far from where. I live in South Wales. It is not too bad here, but it is snowing again today.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  14:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyTee

We're currently having a lot of snow in some parts of the UK. Wales has been badly hit, so a team of road gritters have come up with this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TXBJk5miDDY

Please note that the word "depot" is used in its British English context - it is not a railway station!

DT

But I Can't Understand
Why We Let Someone Else
Rule Our Land
Cap in Hand.

OK...what's the British context on "depot"???

-lk
Go to Top of Page

DaveyTee
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  17:45:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A place where vehicles are kept until they are needed or in order to be repaired. In the UK the word is never used to describe a place where trains stop to pick up or set down passengers - that's a station.

DT

But I Can't Understand
Why We Let Someone Else
Rule Our Land
Cap in Hand.
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  19:21:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

A place where vehicles are kept until they are needed or in order to be repaired. In the UK the word is never used to describe a place where trains stop to pick up or set down passengers - that's a station.

DT

But I Can't Understand
Why We Let Someone Else
Rule Our Land
Cap in Hand.

So buses are stored at the "depot", but they are found at the bus "station" for a ride. So instead of the "Greyhound Bus Depot"(USA), it would be "Greyhound Bus Station"(UK)!

Cool. There was a jolly good BBC commercial that touted how watching BBC/America programming was a good way for Americans to learn PROPER English!

Bloody well right!

(Of note: though "BUGGERS!" can be spoken on American TV (on the "Lie To ME" Fox TV series, for one, it was used a lot), I understand it is still taboo on the British telly.)

-lk

Edited by - lemonade kid on 25/01/2013 19:25:30
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  19:51:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I got an email from our cousin in Coulsdon UK. They said they were 'snowed in!' Now I have visions of 20 inches over there...should I fly in provisions for'em????...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  19:54:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And regarding thsoe buses in the depot can you tell me about their
"shed-ule" ??????????????...now "sked-ule" I believe is kind of sketch-ee here, eh???........
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  20:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

And regarding thsoe buses in the depot can you tell me about their
"shed-ule" ??????????????...now "sked-ule" I believe is kind of sketch-ee here, eh???........

Oh yes...and we learn how to properly pronounce words on BBC/America!

Keep to the shed-jule!

-lk
Go to Top of Page

DaveyTee
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
238 Posts

Posted - 25/01/2013 :  23:44:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid(Of note: though "BUGGERS!" can be spoken on American TV (on the "Lie To ME" Fox TV series, for one, it was used a lot), I understand it is still taboo on the British telly.)

Not so -"Buggers" is very mild and not really regarded as bad language now - I'm sure I've heard it used on childrens' TV. Indeed, I can only think of two words that are currently taboo on UK TV (one begins with c, the other with n). We do have something called the nine o'clock watershed which means that programmes aired before 9pm should not have content deemed inappropriate for children, but after that virtually anything seems to go.

The BBC is presently under the impression that the Americans are now adopting some British words and phrases. See what you think - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19929249 .

DT

Edited by - DaveyTee on 25/01/2013 23:52:11
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2013 :  21:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by lemonade kid(Of note: though "BUGGERS!" can be spoken on American TV (on the "Lie To ME" Fox TV series, for one, it was used a lot), I understand it is still taboo on the British telly.)

Not so -"Buggers" is very mild and not really regarded as bad language now - I'm sure I've heard it used on childrens' TV. Indeed, I can only think of two words that are currently taboo on UK TV (one begins with c, the other with n). We do have something called the nine o'clock watershed which means that programmes aired before 9pm should not have content deemed inappropriate for children, but after that virtually anything seems to go.

The BBC is presently under the impression that the Americans are now adopting some British words and phrases. See what you think - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-19929249 .

DT

Thanks, DT. Misinformed by wiki again!

Though it is a rather offensive expletive in its original meaning!

-lk
Go to Top of Page

lemonade kid
Old Love

USA
9866 Posts

Posted - 31/01/2013 :  04:56:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GERRY RAFFERTY

BAKER STREET (ling version)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSIw09oqsYo

-lk
Go to Top of Page

BobbyFischer
Fifth Love

Norway
440 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2013 :  09:13:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wonder if these guys know they are playing on holy ground.. Audioslave Like a stone. Location: near Griffith park.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QU1nvuxaMA
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 51 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page