Toon play Aone again or
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lizzyb
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
470 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  19:10:13  Show Profile  Visit Lizzyb's Homepage  Reply with Quote
WAHoo

Kevin Keegan’s first match as manager and the first song played at half time was Alone Again Or by Love

Last time I heard that one was when we played Fulham and it was my birthday 4 years ago. Yippee.

The mariachi horns ringing out behind my radio Newcastle commentary made my tears well up.

Keep on shining

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  20:49:40  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Haway the lads!
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 19/01/2008 :  21:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was really uplifted when I read this. Let's hope that the song will herald the start of better times ahead at St James's. A few weeks back, here at Man City, they played the chorus from 'Hey Jude' when City and Liverpool took to the field for the second half. Everyone in the stadium - friend and foe alike - seemed to join in. I actually have very fond memories of Newcastle. I was there with my dad and brother when we won the title there during the year of 'Forever Changes'. I was touched by just how many of the Newcastle fans remained for the presentation after the game. Unlike many City fans today, I actually think that Kevin Keegan did a good job when he was with us. He is not only the most charismatic manager in the Premiership - he is also one of the most accessible. As for tomorrow - we have West Ham here for the second time in four days ...and doubtless, many more delightful renditions of 'I'm forever blowing bubbles'!

Edited by - John9 on 19/01/2008 23:40:33
Go to Top of Page

ALLANAGAIN
Old Love

United Kingdom
687 Posts

Posted - 20/01/2008 :  17:45:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was up in Newcastle last season watching Chelsea in a Carling cup game, we went in a bar opposite the Academy and there was a singed LOVE t-shirt in a frame, and another with a picture in. We stayed overnight before flying back the next morning, and everyone we met there was really freindly and helpfull. I really hope Keegan brings the fans up there the sucsess their great support deserves, as for playing Alone Again Or before the game...great stuff!! Good luck Geordies.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2008 :  15:25:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa....Alone Again Or...Toon.....only in the UK!......but now you got me thinking that maybe that song should be played here in MLS with those mariachi horns!..;-)....Anyway, things we'd like to see..Toon playing dee-fense.....good luck!...he heh March 8 is gonna be interesting with the Hicks & Gillet show at Anfield!!!...;-)...
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2008 :  21:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS...you guys know about the game of the century, eh???? Kevin and the 'Pool couple of years back..backa nd forth back and forth I have it on tape and I watch it every now and then when I think what a Premiership game should be!!!!!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page