New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  20:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have today received the box set 'Crazy Diamond' which contains virtually all the solo recordings of Syd Barrett - the doomed (and now late) visionary who was once the guiding genius in Pink Floyd. The accompanying book relates how poor Syd actually wore out his copy of the first Love album - it also tells of someone humming a Love song to him although nobody present could remember its title. Syd began playing the theme on his guitar - and then, apparently transformed it into the riff for 'Interstellar Overdrive'. I have just played once again that early Floyd piece and I can only think that the Love song in question must have been 'Revelation' - though I would be more than willing to take a view on that!

Edited by - John9 on 05/09/2007 20:03:12

astrolobe33
Fifth Love

USA
381 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  21:10:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by John9

I have today received the box set 'Crazy Diamond' which contains virtually all the solo recordings of Syd Barrett - the doomed (and now late) visionary who was once the guiding genius in Pink Floyd. The accompanying book relates how poor Syd actually wore out his copy of the first Love album - it also tells of someone humming a Love song to him although nobody present could remember its title. Syd began playing the theme on his guitar - and then, apparently transformed it into the riff for 'Interstellar Overdrive'. I have just played once again that early Floyd piece and I can only think that the Love song in question must have been 'Revelation' - though I would be more than willing to take a view on that!

Supposedly it's "Little Red Book" the person tried to hum to Syd...
The driving rhythm, the descending chord pattern, I could see it after I thought about it some. At first I thought "no way!"
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  22:18:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
astrolobe33 - many thanks for that... you've put my mind at rest!

cheers, John

Edited by - John9 on 05/09/2007 23:18:00
Go to Top of Page

ZFarrar
Fourth Love

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 23/09/2007 :  07:42:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthur Lee of course had a huge influence on Pink FLoyd & The Rolling Stones, listen to Beggars Banquet. That was a very brief window when the band was at it's height. Whatever happened to Arthur after 1968, clearly he never regained the creative spark.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page