New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikeb
Old Love

United Kingdom
516 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  20:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Scans of Crawdaddy 14 April 1968 with a Love article by Sandy Pearlman just added to this website, many other interesting articles there too, thanks to the webmaster who posted to the westcoastpsychedeliaandacidrock Yahoo group for alerting me to this:

http://www.lysergia.com/LamaWorkshop/Crawd/lamaCrawd.htm

MHM
Third Love

United Kingdom
92 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2007 :  21:23:01  Show Profile  Visit MHM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very cool, thanks for sharing that.

Chris

www.BryanMacLean.com www.Mandrakes.org www.MileHighMusic.co.uk
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  20:52:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mikeb

Scans of Crawdaddy 14 April 1968 with a Love article by Sandy Pearlman just added to this website, many other interesting articles there too, thanks to the webmaster who posted to the westcoastpsychedeliaandacidrock Yahoo group for alerting me to this:

http://www.lysergia.com/LamaWorkshop/Crawd/lamaCrawd.htm

KD: Interesting historically, but what exactly does

"Intimations of inordinancy were rationalized into a
matured interferrence effect" mean ?

Keith "Need to know this" D
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  23:02:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I am also at a loss as to what that particular phrase means - but then no more than the rest of the article! I remember reading the Crawdaddy review of The Byrds' 'The Notorious Byrd Brothers' when it was reprinted in an underground magazine in 1973 - I remember hoping that the guy who wrote it would eventually find some kind of peace! But I agree - these things are of immense historical interest when they turn up decades later. I remember though a remark from John Lennon when so called experts had begun to indulge in over analysis of later Beatles compositions: "It's laughable to read some of the bull**** that has been written about our music."

Edited by - John9 on 09/08/2007 01:01:53
Go to Top of Page

jazmaan
Fifth Love

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  05:35:13  Show Profile  Visit jazmaan's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sandy Pearlman, who wrote that article, has an interesting biography on Wikipedia. One of his claims to fame is that he named the group "Blue Oyster Cult". I think he was tripping when he wrote that Love critique.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  15:25:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heh heh I kind of thought the writing was interesting too. But you know in those days rock criticism was kind of in its infancy. Amazing to see words like "inordinate" and cognition" you know? You have to figure that it was only a short time before that that people were were hearing "shoo bop de bop bamma lamm ding dong" you know?
I mean you really don't have to describe that kind of stuff. Then there comes Arthur with lyrics with "oh the snot has caked against my pants".....Now er...inordinately that had the critics and writers drilling for stuff inside their heads.....well that's my take..
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  00:57:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jazmaan

Sandy Pearlman, who wrote that article, has an interesting biography on Wikipedia. One of his claims to fame is that he named the group "Blue Oyster Cult". I think he was tripping when he wrote that Love critique.

KD: Yep, and he also Produced "Give 'em enough Rope" by the Clash.
He was supposed to produce a group I was in the late 1980's too
- "The Ophelias" - but it didn't happen.

Free the memories !
Go to Top of Page

myoungish
Fifth Love

USA
264 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  18:30:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wait....did they actually play Live and Let Live on Ed Sullivan?

Michael Young
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page