Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

torben
Fifth Love

Denmark
328 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  08:38:27  Show Profile  Visit torben's Homepage  Reply with Quote
A year has gone since we all was shocked by the all too early passing of Arthur Lee.
This is a day to remember all the wonderful music he gave us and for all of you who was fortune enough to see him live to remember the concerts.
Diane Lee has placed a wonderful add in remembrance in the L.A. Weekley.
Thanks to her for letting me use it on my site.
Go check it out http://love.torbenskott.dk
Turn on your speakers.

JohnFPorcaro
Fourth Love

USA
168 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  08:52:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We fans were very fortunate to have seen Arthur perform over the last couple of years.
It was a dream come true, especially that Forever Changes tour and the DVD’s that came out.
I miss Arthur.
Remembering him on this day.

"I said August is all that I know
It’s with me wherever I go
It’s with me when I need a friend
It brings me good weather
It keeps me together
It picks me up when I’m down."
Go to Top of Page

John9
Old Love

United Kingdom
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  12:37:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Torben, for making 'Movin On' available to us once more. It is a great little performance and should certainly have been included on at least one of the two versions of the LP recording of that legendary 1978 concert. I remember picking up the compilation 'Dr Rhino and Mr Hyde' from a remainder bin in Zurich in 1983 - and like everyone else was deceived by the listing of this track as 'Time is Like a River' on the cover. I also remember getting rid of the album fairly quickly because of its inclusion of too much of what in the early 80s had passed for experimental music - a poor decision on my part in retrospect! The track also reminds us of John Stirling's excellent musicianship. Rest in peace, Arthur - and also in knowing that your wonderful music continues to bring happiness to so many.

Edited by - John9 on 03/08/2007 12:42:15
Go to Top of Page

Tina
Old Love

United Kingdom
678 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  20:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Tina's Homepage  Click to see Tina's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
RIP Arthur, we miss you so much.
Go to Top of Page

John E
Fifth Love

United Kingdom
322 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2007 :  23:11:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remembering Arthur today, and put my orange "Forever Changes" T-shirt on this morning (on the first real summer's day in England!). I've just played my "Out Here" CD which I picked up just after Arthur's death, and realised that there are still magical Arthur moments that I'd either forgotten or never fully paid attention to. Actually, there's a whole lot of good stuff on the album, and I'm very much looking forward to getting the Blue Thumb recordings soon, and hearing the 1970 live tracks. God bless your soul, Arthur!

Love to all, John E
Go to Top of Page

Gill
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
213 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  00:26:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's hard to believe it's a year since Arthur's passing, yet he has been on my mind all day today. Time will not diminish his talent, it's just such a shame that we will never get to hear that golden voice live again. He was such a big part of my life it's still hard to believe he's gone. I miss him - and I miss my Love friends. We really should get together some day.

Love
Gill
Go to Top of Page

bob f.
Old Love

USA
1308 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  03:36:15  Show Profile  Visit bob f.'s Homepage  Reply with Quote
Arthur Lee's music changed me from when the first LOVE lp came, and transcended to Forever Changes. LOVE has always been MY favorite band, personal....like something nobody else would understand.
i was very fortunate to see a concert on Sunset Blvd. at the Hullaballoo '66-67, later about '69-70 at the Whiskey with the Four-Sail band, and more recently several post-prison shows in L.A.
AT hULLUBALOO, I remember Arthur walking to the edge of the stage for Signed DC. the Four Sail Whiskey show: my ears were still ringing for hours after that amazing show! and for all of the RECENT concerts, i still love most, that first official LOVE show (after his release), at The Knitting Factory, Hollywood, May 1st, 2002, when Love With Arthur Lee, released their fierce beauty, including much of Forever Changes without orchestra.thanx to Baby Lemonade for its devotion. magic is magic that night! FREEDOM!...we all screemed, Arthur was BACK! GOD...we were so happy and festive , like we were ALL reborn with that magic music from Arthur Lee.

...what the world needs now...
Go to Top of Page

ruxprncd
Fifth Love

305 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  05:02:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
right on, bob f. i was there too. a day that will live forever...
Go to Top of Page

Old_Man
Old Love

United Kingdom
668 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2007 :  13:18:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Remember the good times, for they were great times.
Go to Top of Page

Allan
Old Love

USA
560 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  12:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LOVE-My most favorite band of all time. RIP Arthur-you're SO missed!!

Allan
Go to Top of Page

Kula John
Old Love

United Kingdom
756 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  20:25:09  Show Profile  Visit Kula John's Homepage  Reply with Quote
RIP Arthur

Your music will live on and on. What a legend.

This is the time and this is the time and it is time, time, time, time, time, time, time.....
Go to Top of Page

Rob Dudda
Fourth Love

United Kingdom
131 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2007 :  23:25:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gone but NEVER forgotten.

R.I.P. Arthur.
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2007 :  15:30:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
just wondering for remembrance...is there or could there be in the works an "Arthur Lee Street" somewhere out there in Cal or maybe even in England since he went there alot to play?
Go to Top of Page

kdion11
Old Love

USA
552 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  01:00:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rocker

just wondering for remembrance...is there or could there be in the works an "Arthur Lee Street" somewhere out there in Cal or maybe even in England since he went there alot to play?

KD: Based on Arthur's habit of burning and blowing up personal and business bridges, probably not.

Free the bridges !
Go to Top of Page

rocker
Old Love

USA
3606 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  15:20:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yes maybe but the music business is tough and is affected by many personalities who have many sides..I don't think "they" shouldn't hold it against him if that would be the reason..but in any case we have what he put down in music working with his band mates...
Go to Top of Page

Merlyn Merlot
Fourth Love

USA
190 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  16:57:00  Show Profile  Visit Merlyn Merlot's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Maybe they could change the Cul da sac (Cosmo's Alley
where Bido Lito's stood to
Arthur Lee's Way!

Free The Streets
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Messageboard For Love Fans © 2004 Torben Skott Go To Top Of Page